Animate Video

Jordan

Hi Guys,

I need an animator who can make a 5 minuet video that will be used on a company website and places like YouTube. Currently my client is using a power point presentation to teach children about nutrition and well being.

Script and voice over will be supplied.

If you would be interested please let me know how much it will cost and time scales.

Thanks

Jordan

Well without a little more info cost and time scales can't really be given...

Can you pm me or post some more info as I may be able to help but I need to know what type of animation it is you're after...

Yeah, there's a lot of time and effort between something like South Park's animation and something like the Gorillaz music videos, for example.

Jimlad said:
Yeah, there's a lot of time and effort between something like South Park's animation and something like the Gorillaz music videos, for example.

and something like avatar :)

It needs to be a video that is aimed at children, something that is fun. It doesn't need to be complex. Just a simple illustration opposed to having a power point presentation that is boring to show kids.

So the job is to be informative but also fun. It can be done which ever style you feel would be appropriate to show children.

Best quote I have had so far is £1000, worst is £6995+vat

without having a more defined direction I can't really put a quote in as to put it simply it could be anywhere between those numbers depending on the end video, a video that could potentially change day by day....

You've been quoted £1000 to design and create five minutes of original animated content?

Good luck with that.

matt said:
You've been quoted £1000 to design and create five minutes of original animated content?

Good luck with that.

I could quote that low too but it does depend on exactly what they're getting.. 5 mins of moving text for £1000 for example would be easy money lol

What do you need to know Levi? Could you show me some examples of things that you can do then give me a rough idea on what it would cost. Matt if you can do animation and have some ideas fire them to me, money is on the table just need some ideas to get the ball rolling?

The brief is - Client needs a short 5 minuet video that is appealing to kids that can teach them about healthy eating and nutrition. All script and voice over will be supplied.

As I dont know much about animation myself and prices ect I am getting quotes and researching the industry. So if you can suggest somethings to me and what it would cost to produce that kind of thing that would help.

With this amount of information any quote I would give would have cover the worst case scenario and therefore be very high.

Why don't you have a look at my showreel: mattsimmondswork.com/motion if you like what you see and think I could help, then email me with a proposed schedule and a full brief — that includes script, references, audience (I know they're kids, but where and how will they view it, what's it being used for etc.), what the deliverables are, and whether or not there's any creative direction in terms of style and aesthetics.

With this information I can give you an accurate quote/proposed schedule and we can take it from there.

Thanks, I look forward to hearing form you.

I will find out more info, I know this video will be shown on website as a presentation and mediums like YouTube. The creative direction is being left up to the illustrator to make the design as he feel suitable. I will try and get my hands on the script.

Back