Animal Sanctuary Logo Crit

rachaelbethany

Hi!

Just wondering if you guys could give me some feedback about my logo design, its for an animal charity.
Im a bit stuck on what colours to use, what do you think?

Thanks for you time

Rachael

Attachments

• hillside.jpg
    hillside.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
I would have less toes as it looks strange. Maybe do 3 toes like a dog print or something like that :)

I do prefer the all black one presonally. Also you could do it as mostly black but put the "paw print" in grey :)

just my idea / suggestions :)

Just some quick feedback, looking at the colours I would go with softer/pastel tones, as this place is a sanctuary for the animals, calmer, more natural colours.

What animals do they look after? do they rehome them?
I'm sure it would help if you could give us a bit more information about the brief you've been set :)

Perhaps go with a more earthy colourscheme, I would look into organic food packaging designs for some colour theme inspiration if I was you. On the basis that they look after farmyard animals, I'm not sure the paw idea will work or be relevant..

If you are going to make a paw print, do it! Go and upset a cat or a dog! In all seriousness, it (first one) looks half way between a sun and a paw print.

Don't object to the idea of it being either, but push it one way or the other.

Don't be affraid to get off your computer.

mrp2049 said:
If you are going to make a paw print, do it! Go and upset a cat or a dog! In all seriousness, it (first one) looks half way between a sun and a paw print.

Don't object to the idea of it being either, but push it one way or the other.

Don't be affraid to get off your computer.

Like said earlier, it aims to be a turkey, which can be seen once mentioned, but it's a bit unclear before that :)

I also though it was meant to be a paw... but the turkey idea could work, (I think quite unusual which is good)! as now when I look at it I can see a turkey as if you were looking at it straight on and maybe you could put a beak on it using a simple triangle pointing to the right. And maybe play round with the feathers try fading them out to look more feather like!

Renniks said:
Like said earlier, it aims to be a turkey, which can be seen once mentioned, but it's a bit unclear before that :)

I dont see a turkey even looking again now. To get to the point as I am a bit tired, why a turkey? Is it a turkey sanctuary? If yes, fine. If no, why? I think most people will see a paw first as it says animal sanctuary.

Its a nice idea, but I'm not sold. I have produced some gibberish/nonesense logos in my time, so I can't really say much, but in this case, it is nagging me.

If you would like the thoughts of a newbie on here. I would work the logo more towards the 'hillside' aspect of the name. Paws, prints etc... are over used on animal/vet logos in my opinion.

fatboyjim said:
If you would like the thoughts of a newbie on here. I would work the logo more towards the 'hillside' aspect of the name. Paws, prints etc... are over used on animal/vet logos in my opinion.

noob opinions are always welcomed!

Man has a point, I think the fact that we have all got on the side of the turkey logo as a paw is a bad sign. Go with the hill side thing!

I would go in the direction of a shelter / farmhouse logo similar to your second logo, because its not just for one particular farm animal, yet all farm animals do live on a farm. i would go for something that represents a farm, a lot more care and attention to this icon though, because i think its key to have this looking good, after all logo text cant be that funky but the icon can.

i could be wrong :p

Back