Animal Rehome

Timmo

Hey All,

I have been working on a project and I have finally finished it. The site is called Animal Rehome, it is an animal rehoming site for all types of animal rehoming centres accross the UK.

I have got it hosted on a free server so you can see the site. Obviously it needs alot more content and will load quite slow whilst on the free server.

Animal Rehome | Animal rehoming centres across the UK | Homepage

Let me know what you think.

Timmo,

I think it's a simple, but nice site. A few comments though:

- Al the animals on the site are in colour. Why is the reptile in B/W than?
- In the header, the dog and the rabbit aren't cut out very good.

Bert

Timmo said:
Hey All,

I have been working on a project and I have finally finished it. The site is called Animal Rehome, it is an animal rehoming site for all types of animal rehoming centres accross the UK.

I have got it hosted on a free server so you can see the site. Obviously it needs alot more content and will load quite slow whilst on the free server.

Animal Rehome | Animal rehoming centres across the UK | Homepage

Let me know what you think.

Way too simple for my liking sorry :( and I agree with JOGA

J0GA said:
Timmo,

I think it's a simple, but nice site. A few comments though:

- Al the animals on the site are in colour. Why is the reptile in B/W than?
- In the header, the dog and the rabbit aren't cut out very good.

Bert

I have no money to put into the site so used what images I have. The header is just a quick draft and will be changed shortly. Thank you for the criticism though.

hi timmo, i really like the site, it is simple, but it achieves its aim and i think most people looking for pets are more interested in the pet than the design of the site so less is more in this case for me! the only comment i would have is that the images seemed to load slowly on my machine, i dont know if that applies to everyone but it was just one thing i noticed
________
Live sex

Hi Dave, thanks for your comments. The reason for the slow loading is because it is currently on free hosting.

Timmo - simple can be good but in this case it just isn't sitting right for some reason to me.

Yes there's some fine tuning to do on the imagery etc but its more than that so I'm just going to do a bullet pointed list - sorry in advance.

- header is too deep compared with the main area
- too much white, I know it sounds daft
- Menu text is too small and choice of font is quite pixelated at that size
- even though there is a 'box' for the site there isn't any defining edges
- its quite cold and clinical, it needs warming up
- the big blue bars at the bottom are pulling my eyes to them and I'm not seeing the text on the first page, on the other pages it seems to be pulling me to your site link rather than the content.
- The 'logo' (not very inviting in my opinion) also doesn't link to anything
- dog has half its head chopped off on the dogs page, no other pet has that issue.
- its very very slow and it's not just due to the webhost in my opinion (you could gain nealy 30kb on the images according to pagespeed).
- looks very much like a template to me too

- header is too deep compared with the main area
- too much white, I know it sounds daft
- The 'logo' (not very inviting in my opinion) also doesn't link to anything
- looks very much like a template to me too

i agree with the points above levi raised tbh

also, i was quite disappointed that it took 15 seconds to load, and then literally just had two images a small footer and the navigation... it looks that way like you're trying to get the images to make up for lack of information from the client.

also, didnt you use that site layout for your old site, or a site you put up for critique before?

Back