Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon MP3 Music Downloads

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi all,

Just heard that Amazon has moved into the world of music downloads, offering singles from 59p and albums from £3 its looking set to give iTunes some competition.

Amazon.co.uk: MP3 store - DRM-free MP3 music downloads

I've purchaed the odd tracks from iTunes, but never really got into downloading albums, would personally prefer to have the physical product, even though I have an iPod Shuffle I tend to just use that for audiobooks and Ricky Gervais podcasts!

2. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

I think this is awesome. As long as newely signed bands aren't getting ripped off due to the low profit margins I think its about time iTunes got a run for its money.

Take that Steve Jobs!

3. Skipper

Skipper Junior Member

Yeah, I can definately see where you're coming from, Greg. Having the physical album is usually better than the electronic copies of your music, in my opinion - just in case your computer unnexpectedly rampages and shuts down. You'd still have all your music in-tact. ;D

I mean, of course, you could buy an external hard drive, or something of the like, and just copy songs onto there. But the idea of transfering songs every time you buy a song seems overwhelming...

My two cents, anyway. Cheers,

` Skipper

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah I agree with that, there's just something about spending the money out for an album that I prefer to have a physical product, and I can't see that changing anytime soon.

Will be interesting to see how Amazon MP3 goes down, as far as I know iTunes/Apple haven't made any announcements about any price cuts to compete. Would be good to see Amazon building a decent back library of albums & tracks at similar prices.