Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazing New year

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Renniks, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Well 21 years since I was born and the trip to London was absolutely perfect.

Me and the girlfriend went on a steam paddle-boat thing ( http://www.thamesluxurycharters.co.uk/images/elizabethan.jpg - not my pics and there is one of those wheel paddle things at the back)

Where we wined and dined on a 3 course amazing meal. We then got to view the fireworks from the thames with a great view and only needing to stand outside for 5 minutes before they began (somehow better than the 4-6 hours some people stand on the banks of the same river for)

The next day we watched the new years day parade and ate tapas down covent garden, then supped tequila (though chose not to drink the £125 shot that was on sale ;) )

Then shopping & relaxing today.

Absolutely amazing, and I would definitely suggest it to anyone interested in something different and fun for the new year celebrations.

2. Nice one Mark :) glad that you had a great New Year :D

3. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Cool buddy, ive been on the planet 23 years and still not been to London yet :( hope to go soon tho!

4. Rhonda

Rhonda Senior Member

That actually sounds like a really nice thing to do with someone special. I think I'd prefer it in the summer time though.:D

I didn't know there were Steamboats over there but I guess why wouldn't there be?;) Reminds me of the pictures of the Steamboats that dominated the rivers in the southern states, like the Mississippi, and like you'd see in ports if New Orleans during the early 1800s. I've lived in the States all my life and have never been on one.

5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Go check them out!! I went on one in Doncaster before my grandad died, its not something I would normally enjoy but it was really different!