Alternative ways to promote a website

If you are not going to invest time and money into SEO then you have to think of other ways to drive people to your site, so I would target your local market...

Adverts in papers
Leaflet/Flyer Distribution
URL on your car

...to possibly pick up online business, you need to frequent forums such as this, ensure your URL is in your signature (currently isn't), make as many posts as you can to ensure your website address is seen by others that may need your services.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

Hope it helps.

D

Your website is made from tables - which (apparently Google doesn't rank as high) and has a lot of script. The leaner your code the higher you (are supposed to) go up the natural rankings. If you are selling website design you should try and get your web page high in Google - and then sell that to your clients. SEO, lean code and time will get you up the rankings.

Network with other businesses. . . BNI and other networking groups abound.

Leaflet drop. . .

Competition linked to info on the site
Your website on all stationery and product packaging
Stickers everywhere!
Sponsor an event
On products

A few more for the pot.

I've tried advertising in local magazines in my area & found it was a waste of money....I don't think many people look in a magazine for a web designer.

Business networking is another good way to get more people to hear about you & meet other businesses...there are plenty around these days.

Really given what you're selling, you need to get up the rankings - 2 main suggestions here are link building & add more content to your site.

I've tried advertising in local magazines in my area & found it was a waste of money....I don't think many people look in a magazine for a web designer.

Same here - I think it's partly due to our position in remote west wales but the new business sector isn't exactly booming around here.

You need to keep adding new content to your site and get a link to your page in every crack/niche on the web!
I think where design businesses are concerned the web is the only real way to advertise, like Geeky above mentioned, nobody looks in their yellow pages for a web design company these days :icon_rolleyes:

You want to push your business?

Networking, networking, networking!

Go join your local BNI, 4Networking or whoever. There's no quick fix, but get involved in networking groups and you'll soon see the results on your bottom line.

We've been BNI members for 18 months and revenue has increased 200% due to referral networking.

Flyers, leaflets, posters etc are all good - but you need to target them. What about some postcards giving an incentive to call you like 10% off. Get a list of local trades people i.e. plumbers, sparkies, gas fitters etc as they invariably don't have websites so are good prospects. With Yellow Pages in decline nows the time to start hitting the trades.

That's a nice design, but as said you should be using a full css layout nowadays. SEO wise, the site is quite poor as you're lacking content :(

Back