Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow myself to introduce Myself.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Calvin_T, Feb 27, 2009.

1. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

Hey people.
    Have already left a few posts and started a thread before noticing this section.

I'm Calvin
    Freelance designer currently working in the PR industry in london.
    Helping Top london hairdressers and salons to promote and advertise.

Thought it was bout time to join a community and bounce some ideas about.

Thanks All.

Peace

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Calvin,

Welcome to Design Forums, I may have already said that in another thread, but good to put it in your intro thread too I guess :)

Interesting that you focus on just one type of business/industry, have you always directed yourself to one area or is it just something that's developed over time?

Thanks,
    Greg

PS- Like the avatar :D

3. Welcome to the forum Calvin :) I would offer cake but i'm all out .. :nom:

4. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

o no, hence the "currently" the hairdresser pr industry is just a stable gig i managed to land and i'm starting to get comfortable with. I have many ventures i wish to pursue yet.

:)

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool, was just intrigued as have thought about trying to specialize on one type of business/industry for website design before :)

6. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

tis a good idea, everyone needs a professional in these times to help them boost their image.

hm. was watching Lois Theroux last night and noticed a design studio he visited that JUST focused on rap record cd covers and promo.

Is there an industry that is such demand today?

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

I love Louis Theroux... what channel was that on?!
    I know you get some design agencies that will focus on the records industry as a whole, I guess as there work develops it will naturally become more suited to some genres of music?

8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to the forum Calvin! I've a got a few slices of cake left if you want some.

9. ahhh Soren, I wondered who had the cake :whoateallthecake:

10. marklea.com

marklea.com Junior Member

Welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie.

Mark

11. marklea.com

marklea.com Junior Member

I think focusing on a niche has it's plus and minus points. Probably great if we become a success in that area - providing it's a area we're passionate about.? I think that whatever circles you move in that's where most opportunities come from. Or at least that was my experience.

Mark