Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allo, allo!

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by MattHill, Feb 12, 2009.

1. MattHill

MattHill Junior Member

No, I'm not a cast-off from the long running British wartime sitcom set in a dodgy French café... :)

I'm Matt, a self-employed web designer. I build websites for small and medium sized businesses. I've been working for myself for about a year and a half now. Prior to that I had a long career spanning eLearning and Web Design, working mainly for a couple of Brighton companies.

If you're really interested in pages of excessive detail, you can find out more about me from my website ;)

Frisk design : Standards Compliant Web Design About

The site's out of date and has a new design coming in the couple of months....
  2. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Hey matt! portfolio looks great ill have a proper look about in a sec, just wondering why you've featured your portfolio within your portfolio? :)
  3. Greg

Greg Active Member

God Moaning Matt :)

Welcome to Design Forums! Pleased to see you made it along, I've seen your current site design a few times and really like it so will be keen to see what the new design has in store.

Look forward to hearing more from you around the forums.

4. MattHill

MattHill Junior Member

It's a good question! It was because the portfolio itself is a good example of Wordpress customisation, the service I was mainly offering when the site when live last year. However, I'm moving away from a focus on specific technologies and simply going to be offering web design solutions on my new site, so this is all going to change anyway...

@Greg: Thanks for the weclome. I'll certainly try and involve myself here as much as my time permits. Cheers! :)
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

Damn you Greg! You beat me to it!

Welcome anyway Matt, loving your site, but once again I'm outclassed!
  6. Adam

Adam Senior Member

Welcome Matt

Liking your site, and your work, awesome stuff :)

Remember you still have many years of learning and experience to go through, remember its a marathon not a spint, the turtle beat the hare :p
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

Not in family guy or the simpsons! lol - yeah i guess you're right though :)
  8. MattHill

MattHill Junior Member

Whoops. I joined here a few months back but spectacularly failed to engage with the forum. I think it's because I'm pretty active on others already which have become fairly habitual, so I shall make more effort to engage here. Sorry for being a rubbish new member, I shall improve! :)
  9. Harry

Harry Senior Member

10. welcome to the Forum Matt :)
  11. berry

berry Active Member

Welcome to DF
  12. Greg

Greg Active Member

Thanks for dropping back in Matt, hopefully there's enough going on to keep you occupied now :D
  13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

That cafe was amazing and you know it! Good mow-ning!
  14. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome aboard!
  15. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Welcome Matt, nice site! - sure I've seen that featured on a design blog before!
  16. MattHill

MattHill Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! :)

@Greg: Twitter finally caught my attention too and I got quickly addicted which was unexpected! I'll certainly try and make more effort here :)