Album cover for Jazz/Rock Band

Hi Everyone

I'm new here so hopefully I'm not breaking any rules!

Basically we're trying to make a cover for our new album, but none of us have much graphic design experience (I know my way around photoshop/gimp but that's about it!)

We have a photo that we really like but the album cover needs to be square and also needs to have our band name on it.

I've attached the original photo, plus my go at making something reasonably album like.

Any advice (or completely new ideas!) would be greatly appreciated!

All the best

Oscar

Attachments

• sitting on rubbish for canvas-min.jpg
    sitting on rubbish for canvas-min.jpg
    899 KB · Views: 19
  • for cd baby-min.jpg
    for cd baby-min.jpg
    416.9 KB · Views: 19
Biggest issue I have is the guy top left.. his skin colour and clothing actually cause him to blend into the background due to the background colours being very similar and as such I didn't really see him

Looks ok to me.

Photo isn't ideal as the three at the back are out of focus. Probably just needs a bit of a filter on it
and some colour correction. Cropped in a bit too much maybe?

The name usually goes at the top I think, could go in an extended (added in?) sky?

As far as album covers go - it's an album cover. No hard and fast rules.

Make it a little bit bigger than needed, then trim to size, that will look neater.

Photograph definitely needs colour correcting. With the border it reminds me of a polaroid photo maybe change the dark grey to a lighter colour to reflect this? Then maybe have a script font for the band name to suit this style, just an idea.

Back