Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

airBalloon logo

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Tony Hardy, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a critique on the logo I've designed for my new business. The company is called airBalloon and we make custom Wordpress themes.

Ideally, I wanted the logo to reflect a rising and a lift. I think I might have nailed it, but could use a fresh pair of eyes.

Attached Files:

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I like the idea though the it all feels quite rigid for such a 'soft name', even with the 'balloon' floating up. Maybe have the n tilted and lifting slightly too? Also, the tagline is practically illegible.
    Tony Hardy likes this.

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Im with Paul. The tagline is not legible enough.
    Why not try using both O's as balloons? lift them both up, rotate them a little, perhaps change the colour to lighter shades of blue / grey?
    Tony Hardy likes this.
  4. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

The staggered o's - that's where your logo is; the strapline isn't working and having the 'air' bit elevated is making it all look a bit jumbly for my taste. Also not crazy about the capital 'B' sitting there in the middle - I think you generally see far too much of this sort of thing and it rarely makes any sense.

Tidy it up, limit the trickery to the o's and get out of there, I reckon.
    Tony Hardy likes this.
  5. Tony Hardy

Thanks for all the feedback. The strap line was an after thought, and, you can tell haha :icon_smile:
  6. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Probably need to have a strapline - but legible. Or you'll be asked about balloon flights or party balloons etc!
    Perhaps if you had AirBalloon then the capital B would make more sense...
  7. Tony Hardy

Yeah, I'll work a strap line into it later I think? I can see the necessity for that :D haha.
  8. Maddy

Maddy Member

hi, maybe have all letters lower case on same level with no space and both os raised but second one higher? The blue is nice bright and fresh like the sky. I like the colours. If you're having "air raised", the o shouldn't be as it is too unbalanced. One or the other.

Or move "air" so is above "ball" and have o balloon(s) still. It pays to play around. The "air" and tag lines are both grey and would be positioned on opposite diagonal corners to balance things.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  9. Maddy

Maddy Member

No don't move air above. I tried it and it looked shite!

This is first suggestion Untitled-1.gif