Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahoyhoy

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Astarin, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Astarin

Astarin New Member

Hey everyone! Good to see a nice community!
    I'm currently a designer for a small media company up in Northumberland. I mainly do front end design, HTML, CSS, (bits of jQuery and Javascript). Plus I've done some UI and XCode work for iOS apps.
    My main love, more than anything though is animation, art, modelling, texturing, rigging, all that sort of stuff.... It's just a lot harder to find the work there.
    Currently working on refreshing my portfolio so I will be posting that shortly, when I actually get time to do it!
    Anyhoot! Off to have a pop around the forums :)
    Arran

2. Hey Arran

Welcome to the Design Forums

3. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Hi Arran,

How are you? :) Whereabouts in Northumberland are you from? I'm from Blyth! :)

4. giantsheepnet

giantsheepnet New Member

5. Astarin

Astarin New Member

Live in Blyth myself! Small World!

6. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

It is indeed. Where are you working/are you working? I live in Seghill currently, but all of my family are in Blyth.

7. berry

berry Active Member

another geordie

8. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

How many are we up to now?

9. Astarin

Astarin New Member

Hah epic. Design seems to be thriving up here of late.Family live in Blyth too, lived in Seghill for about 7 months last year on Thornbury Avenue behind the blake. Living near Ridley Park atm.Currently working in Alnwick at a place called Jasmine Media.

10. welcome to the forum

11. Wardy

Wardy Active Member

Hi, welcome to the Forum.

12. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I only live opposite the Blake haha :) Probably passed my house tons of times!

In Blyth I used to live up by Asda, my family still live there! Any favourite watering holes?

13. Astarin

Astarin New Member

I'd go as far to say I've probably seen you before! lol
    Not so much in Blyth for places to go atm, I used to pop to the Blake when I lived there. Since work moved to Alnwick in November and it's opposite a pub that's pretty much the only place I get a chance to go to these days!
    Often get dragged out to Olivers near the old police station though.

14. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Olivers, haha. Not been in there for a long long time.

The Blake is rough as a badgers now like haha. 5 old men and their dogs etc.

15. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Welcome to the forum! Interesting how long it took before you two geordies started discussing alcohol ;)

16. Astarin

Astarin New Member

lol! Everyone says it's rough as hell... I never had a problem in there. Was only in a couple months ago... Maybe I missed all the fun

17. berry

berry Active Member

I go to the Royal Tavern in Blyth on a Thursday night and chant a few tunes in their Buskers Night

18. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Oh aye, did you used to go when Keith and Chris ran it? I used to drum in Chris' band haha!

19. berry

berry Active Member

Yes Keith & Chris still run it, haven't been since Christmas, Got another showcase spot in a few weeks. It's alway a good night there.

20. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Yet another canny lad joins in. Seriously, we need the forum equivalent of a show of hands to see how many active geordies are running around here.
    Welcome to the forum!