Affinity Designer

Ok out of curiosity I downloaded the trials for Affinity b
imgres
oth designer and photo.

Affinity Designer is similar to Illustrator - I played with this and it was very easy to pick up and use. Quite like it.

Affinity Photo - very similar to Photoshop - although I much prefer Photoshop.

It seems to be missing a few key tools that I use an awful lot, and at first Personas scared me and I didn't know what to do with them.

Affinity doesn't support multi-page layouts, for books/brochures/flyers etc. so in my mind I cannot replace Adobe with this as I use Adobe InDesign for 99% of my work.

Although, word on the street is (that's what all the cool kids say) is that Affinity Publisher is coming soon. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/about/

picture-3.png

Ok out of curiosity I downloaded the trials for Affinity b
imgres
oth designer and photo.

Affinity Designer is similar to Illustrator - I played with this and it was very easy to pick up and use. Quite like it.

Affinity Photo - very similar to Photoshop - although I much prefer Photoshop.

It seems to be missing a few key tools that I use an awful lot, and at first Personas scared me and I didn't know what to do with them.

Affinity doesn't support multi-page layouts, for books/brochures/flyers etc. so in my mind I cannot replace Adobe with this as I use Adobe InDesign for 99% of my work.

Although, word on the street is (that's what all the cool kids say) is that Affinity Publisher is coming soon. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/about/

It's actually sounding more and more what I need.
I tend only to be making illustrative, one page pieces so the fact it's similar to AI and easy to pick up is a massive bonus.

I only really use the most basic of PS's functions for cutting out images and making mock-ups of walls I think I'd be good with that too by the sounds of it.
just need a new Macbook now that will run it. ;)

It's actually sounding more and more what I need.
I tend only to be making illustrative, one page pieces so the fact it's similar to AI and easy to pick up is a massive bonus.

I tend to use it exclusively for logo design since I just find it much smoother than illustrator in some respects. InDesign is still my go to for anything with multiple pages or where I need to format a decent amount of text.

Funnily enough they have been in touch and offered a free download code for Affinity Designer in return for someone doing an in depth review of the software, any takers?

Back