Advice/thoughts for logo

Braddo

Hi everyone
I would really appreciate it if you could give your opinion on the potentional choices for the final personal logo. So, the second logo is the one I'm favouring to go with, as I really wanted to incorporate a element that relates to design, so I decided to add a pencil to represent this. The third concept utilizes my first and surname sharing the same letter at the start.
Thanks
new-logo-type-copy.jpglogo-with-pen.jpgnew-logo-type.jpg

The third one is getting there, but lose the shadow - keep it simple. You sound like a solicitors, don't make it look like one. :)
The text is a bit boring and the graphic design et is way too small.

Have you tried a B inside a B?

The third one is getting there, but lose the shadow - keep it simple. You sound like a solicitors, don't make it look like one. :)
The text is a bit boring and the graphic design et is way too small.

Have you tried a B inside a B?
new-logo-type-4.jpg
Yeah I did try that

Needs to be a lot bolder than that, something like the attached? Probably without the two shapes in the middle.

I prefer Paul's though.

Attachments

• BB.jpg
    BB.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Ok, so I took into everyone's advice into consideration and made the letter a solid fill, therefore allowing more space to make the pencil bigger. The red box at the back is there to give the illusion it's been extruded out
Hi everyone
I would really appreciate it if you could give your opinion on the potentional choices for the final personal logo. So, the second logo is the one I'm favouring to go with, as I really wanted to incorporate a element that relates to design, so I decided to add a pencil to represent this. The third concept utilizes my first and surname sharing the same letter at the start.
Thanks
View attachment 6104View attachment 6105View attachment 6106

Ok, so I took into everyone's advice into consideration and made the letter a solid fill, therefore allowing more space to make the pencil bigger. The red box at the back is there to give the illusion it's been extruded out
new-logo-typeb7.jpg

The red box at the back is there to give the illusion it's been extruded out
Yet the pencil is 2D on top of it.... that red bit doesn't do anything for the design imo.

Also not sure why you're so focused on a pencil/pen being in your logo...

PS. after a quick google it would appear you've missed an S out of your name....spelling your name wrong wouldn't be a good start :p

Yet the pencil is 2D on top of it.... that red bit doesn't do anything for the design imo.

Also not sure why you're so focused on a pencil/pen being in your logo...

PS. after a quick google it would appear you've missed an S out of your name....spelling your name wrong wouldn't be a good start :p
That would be quite embarrassing, the reason for wanting a pencil/pen somewhere is because I want the audience to think design/graphic design without having to read the tagline

…the reason for wanting a pencil/pen somewhere is because I want the audience to think design/graphic design without having to read the tagline

A logo is rarely seen in isolation though, so the context of what you do will often accompany it – a website will have design work and a blurb, business cards will have details (and probably you there to explain what you do). Where will your audience see your logo that won't have some context to accompany it?

A lot of big agencies have very simple logos and branding, likely because it gives you much more freedom with what you can do with your branding as a whole. In truth, you could forget about any gimmicks or imagery and just have your name in type and it will probably make no difference to how clients perceive you. Save the energy you're spending on your own logo and put it into designing work for other people.

Last edited:
That would be quite embarrassing, the reason for wanting a pencil/pen somewhere is because I want the audience to think design/graphic design without having to read the tagline
As said by Paul, there's no reason to include a 'symbol' of design in your logo.

If that's you reasoning then I'd maybe do some research into what people associate with design, a pencil doesn't say design to me, it says art, or at least it does to me.

After considering your advice, I have ditched the pencil to focus purely on utilizing the the B's in my name. This is achieved by incorporating a second bottom counter of the B below the original letter. I have chosen a more scripty, free flowing font for the tag line to represent my creativity and passion for the craft, with the aim of this being my final logo.
final-personal-logo.-no-pecil-biggerjpg.jpg

That looks even worse than your other suggestions. Not even sure a serif font is right.

Why are you so hung up about having the BB in the logo?

Designing for yourself is a unique challenge, and I think everyone wants their own logo to be the best they can possibly come up with, to be a one-stop showcase of who they are AND what they can achieve. But...

You're trying too hard.

KISS principle applies here (Keep It Simple, Stupid!). Your logo is the first thing people often see, yes. But they also usually see it for all of 0.3 seconds. Make it easy to read the name and move onto what ever it is accompanied by (your portfolio of work, for instance, which will be full of other examples of how wonderful and employable you wish to been seen as).

When in doubt, make it simpler.

I don't know about anyone else, but when I looked at the BB in the very first logo posted, I thought, why not flip the first B and make a butterfly shape.

There's all sorts of fun you can have with that, and make it different patterns, animate it, simplify it, all sorts.
I know it's done a lot - but it actually works here.

Back