mimoza_79

Please give me advice about this megazine page with toyot advert on :). thanks

Attachments

• toyota blue clouds small.jpg
    toyota blue clouds small.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 50
Agreed.
  • The clouds in the back are ugly, of a low quality, and distorted/stretched
  • The car has been driving in dirt — you can tell by the tires — yet it's on some kind of mirror now
  • The car is sinking through (or coming out of, depending on how you look at it) the mirror
  • The reflection doesn't match up
  • The text isn't very good. It is skewed and duplicated for no apparent reason
  • It's simply a poor composition; placing the car on a mirror, in front of clouds?

I need to make an advert for a magazine page A4 size with my pictures of the product. this is just a part from my assessment- I am not a graphic designer, thats why I ask for advice. thank you

Kevin said:
Agreed.
  • The clouds in the back are ugly, of a low quality, and distorted/stretched
  • The car has been driving in dirt — you can tell by the tires — yet it's on some kind of mirror now
  • The car is sinking through (or coming out of, depending on how you look at it) the mirror
  • The reflection doesn't match up
  • The text isn't very good. It is skewed and duplicated for no apparent reason
  • It's simply a poor composition; placing the car on a mirror, in front of clouds?
I'll add in

• poor cutting around tyres on car
  • the mirror, might be water but it's very rare that it would be that smooth.
  • it's not really an advert

I still don't get the reason for the 'advert', you say you're not a graphic designer but it's for an assessment so why is it needed and what is it supposed to be doing in terms of the advert.

1. Front tyre sinks in and doesnt line up with reflection
2. You can see reflections through the windows that dont match the entire piece
3. Adverts would never use an actual number plate
4. Cutting around the car is poor
5. There is no definition between sky and water(not sure what it is)
6. Cut out around window wipers is messy

To be honest id try out some PS tutorials and have a practise. Also maybe compare it to an actual commercial advert?

Sam

mimoza_79 said:
I need to make an advert for a magazine page A4 size with my pictures of the product. this is just a part from my assessment- I am not a graphic designer, thats why I ask for advice. thank you

General consensus of opinion around here is, if you are not a graphic designer, don't ask for our advice, just hire us!

I try to do new adverts, but I am really struggling with the thypography and layout:(. Any advices for these. I know that I have to work a lot to reach the aim.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 22
  • toyota adv.jpg
    toyota adv.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 16
  • toyota adv last.jpg
    toyota adv last.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 17
What is it with you and the polished floors....?

Go on bang a bit of downward motion blur in there....you know you want too.

mimoza, the images are too small for real critique, please host externally and link in.

typo, reflections/mirrored floors can look ok but it does take a bit of work to do it right, fall off and reflection dimming can go a long way :)

Mimoza, do you mind if I ask what the assessment is for? Also, what software are you using to create these images?

You might find inspiration from studying current car adverts and their composition, as well as paying attention to how car manufacturers choose to portray their cars. i.e. An all-terrain vehicle would be best shown tackling different off-road environments, but a sporty car would have a more modern, slick presentation. Try to show the car you want to advertise in context rather than a generic background. Even if you just use simple graphics to "suggest" it instead of photographic backdrops.

I need to make the photography on my own, I can not use a stock photos. Thisi is a assessment for photorraphy, but also I need to use photoshop.These are the requirement of the asessment.

mimoza_79 said:
I need to make the photography on my own, I can not use a stock photos. Thisi is a assessment for photorraphy, but also I need to use photoshop.These are the requirement of the asessment.

Why don't you just take a nice car to a nice location, take pictures of it & just re-touch it in Photoshop?
Just Google images: car ads. You'll notice that a lot of the ads are just pretty photos with a bit of bold text & a lot of smaller text (car specifications). You might want to give that a go.
It seems you are a novice at Photoshop so I suggest you browse a LOT of tutorials and inspiration sites. And keep looking at other car ads for an idea as what-to-do.
Or else just hang around DF ;) :lovedf:

Back