Advice on Training Courses for HTML/CSS

MrsL

Hello everyone,

Am new to this forum, so hope you can help me with some much needed advice!

I come from an artworking/production background and was recently made redundant soooo, have decided to use my time wisely and whilst job hunting, I thought I'd look into training in HTML/CSS.

Please can anyone advise of the best course to take? (I have so far looked at Adobe Training, but if there are others, please recommend - am based in the Midlands!)...has anyone taken any of these courses? Are they worth the money? Did you find them useful?

I am more interested in developing than design, but would I also need to look into a Flash/Dreamweaver course...?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum. I'm not a web guy and can't offer any suggestions, but there are plenty of people on here that can help you out. Good luck!

Hi

Welcome to the forumn. lynda.com has some good courses. I taught myself HTML and CSS from a HEAD FIRST* book which was good, took you through building a website step-by-step. *Take a look on Amazon - it was called something like HTML & CSS.

Kate

Hello everyone,

Thanks Kate. Appreciate the help/pointer in right direction...have you or do you know anyone who has ever attended these courses? They're pretty expensive so I need to weigh up my options first before deciding if I should undertake or not....

Thanks again for your help, much appreciated...

I learnt from the book first. I also got a free offer (can't remember exactly what) when I signed up with lynda.com and did a couple of the lessons on some of the 'trickier' bits of html/css. The book I found better I could work at my pace - skip over bits, go back over bits etc. - in odd moments.

Back