Advice on my logo

Benjaminbsd7

I have designed my own logo due to severe financial constraints. The general feedback I get from my friends / well wishers is that it does not have a corporate / business look.

The idea behind this logo is as follows:
The company name is "Eshcol". Its a bible name of a valley. It represents fertility. So my logo is "one branch with one big bunch of grapes"

I need the following advice:
1. Any suggestion to make this look more like corporate / business logo.
2. Is there any software to make this into a 3D image?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• ESCHOL FINAL LOGO with effect.jpg
    ESCHOL FINAL LOGO with effect.jpg
    946.1 KB · Views: 17
Do you make wine? Thats the first thought when I see that.

1. Without more information about your business it's hard to give feedback.
2. If you mean proper 3D from programs like 3DS Max then you're not going to be able to do it at your level I'm afraid. If you mean 'fake 3D' by using colours to simulate the effects then most vector programs (you are using a program like illustrator aren't you...) are capable of doing this.

Do you make wine? Thats the first thought when I see that.

1. Without more information about your business it's hard to give feedback.
2. If you mean proper 3D from programs like 3DS Max then you're not going to be able to do it at your level I'm afraid. If you mean 'fake 3D' by using colours to simulate the effects then most vector programs (you are using a program like illustrator aren't you...) are capable of doing this.
Thanks a lot for your response. I am into Human Resources Consultancy. The challenge I have is to hold on to my concept (one branch and one bunch) and design something which has a corporate look.

Any advice?

Any advice?
Yeah move away from the concept, your grape and branch concept is far to prevalent in wine company branding...
I would suggest looking at logo's of competitor and seeing how they brand themselves because your current approach just isn't going to work for your field of work imo.

Thanks for the advice. The company name and the core value is based on this. so changing the concept means restarting the whole project. I have to look at some way to subtly use the concept in the logo. I agree the current logo looks like a wine company. That's my challenge!

1. Any suggestion to make this look more like corporate / business logo.
2. Is there any software to make this into a 3D image?
1. Drop the grapes and the vine and just use the word ESHCOL
2. Why do you want to do this?

Nobody but you cares about your core values. All anyone cares about is how your services or products can benefit them.

Grapes and vines do not represent fertility.

Apart from the fact that it needs to be simplified to a massive extent to be a decent logo, I think you need to rethink your concept -
one long vine with just one bunch of grapes, I wouldn't be happy with that!

Thanks for the advice. The company name and the core value is based on this. so changing the concept means restarting the whole project. I have to look at some way to subtly use the concept in the logo. I agree the current logo looks like a wine company. That's my challenge!
You're getting too tied up in trying to put your 'company values' into your logo...

I'll be honest, until you get past the idea of using the grapes you're not going to make any progress because it's the wrong concept for your business.

I have designed my own logo due to severe financial constraints.

Having a logo or spending time designing one yourself won't solve the problem of not having the financial resources available to get one produced. I design logos day in and day out and spent the first 5 years of business without one myself, and as far as I'm aware it didn't affect anyone's decision to hire me. Now I have a logo, but ironically I use the stripped-back text-only version 99% of the time.

Pick a clean font (we can offer suggestions), stick your business name in that font and spend your energy marketing your business. A clean, typographic approach will look 100% better than any DIY logo. Honestly most of your clients or potential clients won't even give your logo a second look, they will hire you not your logo.

Having a logo or spending time designing one yourself won't solve the problem of not having the financial resources available to get one produced. I design logos day in and day out and spent the first 5 years of business without one myself, and as far as I'm aware it didn't affect anyone's decision to hire me. Now I have a logo, but ironically I use the stripped-back text-only version 99% of the time.

Pick a clean font (we can offer suggestions), stick your business name in that font and spend your energy marketing your business. A clean, typographic approach will look 100% better than any DIY logo. Honestly most of your clients or potential clients won't even give your logo a second look, they will hire you not your logo.

Hi Paul, Thanks a lot for your advice. Sounds practical and I will hold my Logo Plan for a while. Can you suggest some good fonts. I currently use Raleway.

It depends on the feel/emotion you want to convey with it. For HR, I'd either probably start with a bit of a luxury feel, something clean and modern, though others may have different opinions. Some quick ideas…

ideas.jpg

Back