Advice on software to convert pdf files

pollyhi

I'm after advice about software I can use to convert my pdf's into (I'm embarrassed to say) word documents!! I produce a lot of e-brochures for one of my clients, and I think in an effort to keep their costs down, they're after me supplying a template that they can then add the relevant text into. I work in illustrator, and normally supply pdf's for the client to e-mail. I've come across several software packages that claim to be able to accurately convert pdf's to various file formats (.ppt would also be useful as well as .doc). I tested some last night and the results were awful. Has anyone any experience of this and or any packages they could recommend? Thanks

I'm after advice about software I can use to convert my pdf's into (I'm embarrassed to say) word documents!! I produce a lot of e-brochures for one of my clients, and I think in an effort to keep their costs down, they're after me supplying a template that they can then add the relevant text into. I work in illustrator, and normally supply pdf's for the client to e-mail. I've come across several software packages that claim to be able to accurately convert pdf's to various file formats (.ppt would also be useful as well as .doc). I tested some last night and the results were awful. Has anyone any experience of this and or any packages they could recommend? Thanks

I did a quick google and the first 3 results are below.

PDF to Word Converter — 100% Free

Convert pdf to word - Convert pdf to doc - Convert online pdf to word

PDF to Word Online — 100% Free PDF Converter to Word Format

To be perfectly honest I have never went from PDF to doc.

I believe the OP has found some by google already but they have had terrible results and so they were after a recommendation by someone who had used one :icon_wink:

Sadly I can't help either but I wouldn't be too hopeful given Word's incompetence when it comes to images. I know there are a bunch of people where I work who would jump at the chance to be able to edit some of the stuff I currently have to edit for them though so if anyone has got any experience of doing this well, I would also like to know :icon_biggrin:

Hello,

Bit of a novice, but I'm currently looking for software that would enable me to merge multiple PDF files to one PDF document, whilst including an index page that would allow the user to hyperlink to another page of that document. The PDF files that I'd like to merge vary in size (some as large as 8mb) & page size (A4-A0). The size of a folder containing these PDF files can sometimes be as large as 700mb. Could anybody tell me if Foxit PhantomPDF is able to create a file like this?

Thanks
I can't say for certain about foxit but I'm 99.9% certain you can do that with adobe acrobat pro, I've done similar in the past with it but they were all the same size page.

Back