Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice most welcome: page limited technical document

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by Dennis, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Hi everyone, long-time lurker first time poster here.

I'm doing a job for a corporate client just now to create an attractive and contemporary print layout for a technical proposal. It's only 20 pages long (including cover and contents) but strictly page-limited, so the client wants to get as much info on each page. The content is a mix of editorial narrative and associated diagrams etc, and I have full creative control. It will be double wire-bound. Minimum font size is 10pt.

My dilemma is how to keep everything nice and clean while still getting about 600 words to a page and I'd be grateful for any advice anyone has, or good examples they've seen elsewhere.

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Dennis likes this.
  3. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Thanks Paul, that's a really nice site.

I just finished the project today. My solution was to use a wider outside margin than normal and put a subtle menu down the side of the page, with colour-coding. That meant I save room on the page itself and got to about 600 words on the page, comfortably laid out with decent space, using 10 point Whitney.