Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice/Help wanted

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by CYoung, Apr 10, 2009.

1. CYoung

CYoung Member

Hi, I'm looking to move into web design as well as what I do already, however I don't really know how to code, I did a little bit of HTML about 4 years ago but nothing like what I'm presuming is necessary.

Obviously I won't be offering this to clients for a long time to come, as I need to master it myself.

I have dreamweaver if that's help to anyone?

From what I can see cascading style sheets are the new way to go?

I'm sure there are lots of tutorials on the web, but just need someone to basically tell me how they started off doing this sort of thing.

Thanks

CYoung

2. SteveS

SteveS New Member

Hello CYoung,

I have just started out the long road of learning web design and coding and i think these sites will really help you with the learning of (X)HTML and CSS.

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

HTML Dog

Kind Regards,
    -Steve

3. randomwebdesign

randomwebdesign New Member

Yeah the w3schools tutorials are good to start. Best bet is to create a design in Photoshop, when your happy cut it into smaller chunks,ie the banner, background images etc. Save these as individual files. Then in html (dreamweaver is good for code view but design view is flawed massively) and CSS make the site using the tutorials.

Works for me :D