• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Advertising Design Services with Yell.com

At the moment I just have one of those free adverts on yell.com

some matey just rung me up saying do you want a full advert.. he said it would cost me £300 a year.. I said I would get back to him and get some feedback from people.

He was saying how it will generate alot of clients.. which is what I need. but it could be lies..

anyone with yell.com

is it worth it?

Ta

Will

Greg

No problems Will, and no it's fine, it will be useful for anyone who may specifically search for Yell.com on the forums :)

Greg

tim

I'd say don't go for it. £300 is a lot of money. I've just got three months advertising free on a site, try and get that instead.

Note though, you'll be in the Yellow Pages will about 4 billion other people who do the same thing as you.

M

mrleesimpson

Whatever you do don't do it!

I did once and it was the biggest waste of marketing money I've ever spent.

MikeM

I've been kicking myself for the past 8 months after allowing myself to be talked into this utter waste of money. £500 for a one year ad, and I'm lucky if it brings in more than 10 visitors to my website per month.

I really should have known better given what I do, and what I used to do (I worked for a long time in sales, many of those years spent in telesales spewing the same crap as the yell guys do) - yet I still got suckered in. I'm hanging my head in shame right now...

berry

;)
MikeM said:
I've been kicking myself for the past 8 months after allowing myself to be talked into this utter waste of money. £500 for a one year ad, and I'm lucky if it brings in more than 10 visitors to my website per month.

I really should have known better given what I do, and what I used to do (I worked for a long time in sales, many of those years spent in telesales spewing the same crap as the yell guys do) - yet I still got suckered in. I'm hanging my head in shame right now...
Ha, a Sales guy getting Sold. Hang thy Head. Advertising is about the Sell. And the Sell only.;)

MikeM

I know, shocking. Completely unrelated, but Berry, we met last week at the Sunderland Business Network event - I knew I had been talking to someone from your company about the in's and outs of the internet, but it was only when I went back through my business card collection when I spotted your name.

berry

MikeM said:
I know, shocking. Completely unrelated, but Berry, we met last week at the Sunderland Business Network event - I knew I had been talking to someone from your company about the in's and outs of the internet, but it was only when I went back through my business card collection when I spotted your name.
Small world.;)