Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe have really outdone themselves

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Kevin, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

2. very cool :)
  3. wac

wac Senior Member

It is very cool and I was going to post that it would however be useless to the masses unless there was a user friendly program in which to create such things (as Flash is to Flash) when I noticed at the bottom that it's already in the pipeline. HTML5 tools, Animation tools - Adobe Edge Preview | Adobe Labs

I'm downloading it now for play.

WEBIAN Senior Member

It sounds great (nod)
    I'll try it.
  5. wac

wac Senior Member

I've just been having a play and picked it up straight away because it's actually identical to After Effects, just a very stripped down version that you can export as HTML/CSS3 web pages.
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

HTML5 and CSS3 continue to blow my mind!

WEBIAN Senior Member

It seems like a “tax” rather than an evolution in the development of the applications. Comparing CS5 to the previous versions I get the impression that many changes were made just for the sake of it. Only some of them were useful (“evolutional”), like the layering system in PS, the DW preview on mobile devices (slightly useful) and not many others.

What really puzzles me is how some features are presented, like “how amazing!! With the new DW you can write a web address of a web page in a purposely designed field and view its source!!!!” I mean, we can do this with any browser and we’ve always done it, haven't we? Do we need to do it in DW?

Also, do we need to use some predesigned buttons that we can render using css codes? These applications should be targeted at designers, not amateurs.

Personally I find it much more interesting and creative to make my own buttons in PS and use alt tags to avoid hindering the indexing of the pages.

Imagine this situation: I change the position of the light switches in my home every week, so that people take five minutes to find them each time a change is made. Would that make my place more evolved?
  8. richimgd

richimgd Member

Its interesting but that link doesn't work on IE9 for me. I was just wanting to check the media queries part as I didnt think IE supported them, but then I realised that entire site doesn't seem to work in IE9!

That.s not actually a very good method... Much better to have all the buttons in text and then replace the text with an image using css. Better for optimisation in general and accessibility.

*Edit* - Ok it works in IE9, kind of. Its VERY slow for me at least which is why I thought it was broken at first.

WEBIAN Senior Member

Well… There’s no comparison to what you can do with PS and what you can do with css. I often hear people say “OMG this website has got too much graphic design”. Too much graphic design?? I don’t agree…