Adobe CS6 - Can I remove CS3?

mattyd81

Hey all

Just upgraded from CS3 to CS6 and when I look in finder I still have CS3 programmes there...

Now...do I delete the CS3 programme applications now?

As its my 1st upgrade I want to make sure I don't delete anything I still need

Thanks all!

windows or os-x.. assuming os-x due to 'finder' being mentioned...

Isn't it just drag the stuff to trash to 'uninstall' in os-x

Was cs6 an 'upgrade' or a new full program install.

Due to him using the word upgrade twice in a relatively small post and says "Just upgraded from CS3 to CS6", I would imagine it was probably an upgrade.

I could be wrong, but my powers of deduction are telling me otherwise ;)

Squiddy said:
Due to him using the word upgrade twice in a relatively small post and says "Just upgraded from CS3 to CS6", I would imagine it was probably an upgrade.

I could be wrong, but my powers of deduction are telling me otherwise ;)
stranger things have happened you know but people do sometimes class a newer version of software as an upgrade ;) :p

we're having to make assumptions about the os so anythings possible lol

hey all, i've done it now. Yes i run a mac of course with osx and was an upgrade from cs3 to cs6. i ran the upgrade and then removed the cs3 applications which cause some of the cs6 programmes to not load correctly.
so removed cs6 and re-installed and now all is working fine!

Just the mac to upgrade next! :)

It's not as simple as dragging the application to the 'trash' icon. It leaves behind a load of unused files in weird locations that clog up the system. Best to run the uninstaller or get an application that does that sort of thing.

And I assume you've already done it by now but I would have upgraded the Mac core before updating all the program's. It just makes sense to do it that way.

Back