Adobe CS5 Suite

There's no need to get CS5 if you can buy CS4 (or even CS3) for a lower price.
The differences between the last three version are negligible. Chances are your client won't miss any of the new features.

I think he was using an old copy of CS2 and now wants the latest one as he was getting annoyed with receiving illustrator files created in a newer version! I understand what you mean though the last 3 are similar.

That aside do you know a cheaper place to purchase it?
thanks
Steve

I'll go with Kevin on this, cs4 and cs5 are very very similar, theres a few additions in cs5 (content aware scaling for example) but they're only useful if you're going to use them.

Do they actually need the full suite too and could they get away with elements (or pixelmator on a mac) maybe?

They have asked for the full suite, its not a matter of needing it or not here. If you work in the web design industry then you'll know that a lot of company's (london based companys) frown up on the fact that you cannot open the latest file types.

Cheapest I got my suite for was on an ebay auction have you tried that or do you not want to go down that route?

Glen, he's looking at it for a client, so until we know otherwise that client could be a normal home user who doesn't know any better hence my question/suggestion.

You can look into student discounts. It's undoubtedly frowned upon but what can Adobe expect when they overprice their software like that? :)

Kevin said:
You can look into student discounts. It's undoubtedly frowned upon but what can Adobe expect when they overprice their software like that? :)
there are some annoying aspects to that in that you HAVE to have proof that you're a student

he is a client who is just starting a design business in actual fact. But it's just a one man band. I did have a quick look on eBay - though they only seem to have a few premium versions but they are from US. they are priced at around £550 however. Does it need to be a commercial verison if he is going to be using for his business?

thanks for all the quick responses!

Levi said:
there are some annoying aspects to that in that you HAVE to have proof that you're a student

I'm aware of that, but perhaps there are some backdoors or loopholes which he could look into.

I tried CS4 and went back to CS3.

Now running CS5, CS4 Dreamweaver & Fireworks had so many issues and bits missing!

studioeighty said:
saw this on ebay: sounds too good to be true:

Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium for Windows CS5 on eBay (end time 16-Nov-10 02:09:44 GMT)

thanks
Steve

Oh it's a student copy...just read the small print!
I don't trust ebay....just saw his feedback! :

Swindler with a hard heart Instead of the commercial, OEM version from Malaysia
product key expired, Seller didn't answer emails, I lost $509 , don't buy here !

think I'll pass on eBay!

guys you can't sell your work (legaly) from student versions.

I'd shop around on ebay mate, as I said the price difference is very bug between cs4 and cs5. I'd personally go with CS5. Why go years back to CS3? Your would always be running behind. It's like buying a computer at low spec becuase someone only word processes. You would buy them a machine with just a pentium 4 processor because you know its a bag of ****e...stay up to date I say.

If the client is a designer then CS5 is the choice I would be going for. Trust ebay dude, just make sure you read it fully, and that they are not trying to sell you a product thats fake or a rip off. Also look at the sellers feddback, thats tells alot about the member.

I bought his CS5 Premium suite through ebay and he received it and it is a legal copy and works very well. I have just upgraded my CS4 to CS5 suite through him...spoke to him on the phone - nice guy...so would recommend to anyone as he seems to be the cheapest I could find on the net that was legitimate :)

Back