Adobe Creative Cloud perpetual licence found

RonnieSpace

Hi,

I am looking to purchase a Dell precision laptop.

Under the options for productivity software there is the option to add Adobe Creative Cloud for approx £500.

I have checked with the representatives and it includes Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, InDesign, etc. and is a PERPETUAL licence.

I am rather confused by this as usually it can only be purchased via subscription, approx £600/yr!

I cannot seem to get any tangible information on what would happen in terms of updates, for example, are there none, or perhaps for 12 months, or free indefinitely.

Can anyone give me an insight into what exactly I would be purchasing?

Neither Dell or Adobe seem to be able to answer.

For reference see (productivity software section): http://configure.euro.dell.com/dell...ion-15-5520-laptop&c=uk&l=en&s=bsd&cs=ukbsdt1

Cheers

Ronnie

It's obviously a special price agreed with Dell - you can get it at that price for a years subscription or for 20 quid a month - there's a footnote reference on it, but I can't find it on the page.

There's a chat option on the Dell site, have you used that?

As far as I'm aware Adobe don't offer perpetual licenses anymore except for a few products like Acrobat and Elements variations of software, so it's either a very special offer or a mistake. Could be a remnant in the database from pre-CC days when licenses were perpetual but I really can't image they'd let that one slip by. My first thought was maybe it's a discounted price for a year or so, but I honestly don't know, I've never seen it before,

After being led along being told it was a perpetual licence (see below) I have since been informed it is a 1yr licence only.

ronnie: "for productivity software there is an option for adobe creative cloud at approx £550"

06/05/2017 11:19:54AM

ronnie: "is that an outright perpetual licence"

06/05/2017 11:20:37AM

Agent: "Yes! It is license."

06/05/2017 11:22:22AM

ronnie: "is that an outright perpetual licence"

06/05/2017 11:22:35AM

Agent: "It is!"

06/05/2017 11:22:43AM

Agent: "You need not buy or renew every year."

06/05/2017 11:22:50AM

Agent: "Thus, it does not mention any no. of years there."

However, I have found that through Transactional Licensing Program (TLP), there are options of perpetual licences on some software, which I believe is when bought through a business in conjunction with a new machine purchase.

http://www.adobe.com/uk/howtobuy/buying-programs/compare.html#availableproducts

Back