Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Action Sports

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by CSparkes, Sep 9, 2009.

1. CSparkes

CSparkes Senior Member

Evening!

I know a few people participate in action sports so was wondering what people do!

We have just had a mountain board set up built by local council so been giving it a go today!

[​IMG]

Also do kite buggying as a pro rider

[​IMG]

And kitesurfing

[​IMG]

Also like to go snowboarding also, so what action sports are people on here into!

Laters

Craig
    Craig Sparkes :: Freestyle Kite Buggier

2. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I occassionally still use my longboard and mountain bike... need to do it more!

Going to Cornwall on Sunday and planning to give surfing ago (I have a bout 1 hours previous experience)

3. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

Where do you live? can't complain at the council setting up a mountain board park!

4. Kiteboarding is my only extreme action sport I do, used to play rugby, and I want to start doing semi professional rowing :D

5. Becky

Becky Member

kiteboarding looks fun, as does kitesurfing, we get alot of them down here in the "summer". I don't know if it counts as a sport, it has some action when we're not sat around admiring each others weaponry, but I go airsofting :D

6. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

Always wanted to try mountain boarding, looks awesome.

I do downhill mountain biking and snowboarding... I'm tempted to get back into skateboarding too.

I used to be a Tae Kwon Do instructor but work keeping me busy soon put a stop to that :down:

7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Before the wife and kids started to rule my life, I did caving, walking, Tae Kwon Do, odd bit of mountain biking, shooting and even parachuted and did a few years TA in the early '90's.
    Now I'm lucky to get a couple of hours watching a movie or PS3 time from 10.30pm on.

So, I'm busy being a bloater and working or keeping the parasites happy.

The kitsurfing looks cool. Not with my back though.

I've still got a mountain bike.

It's rusty.

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm another biker, however given me a BMX over all those gears anyday! Used to blade and skateboard, but sadly my ankles aren't very good now.

I want to get back into canoeing, used to love doing that!

The nearest I get these days is playing gigs, and yes it is dangerous the way I do it!

9. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Mountain bike trials (about 8-9 years but stopped now)
    Kayak (2*)
    Snowboard
    Wakeboard
    Kite landboard
    Kite Surf

10. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I play football,i would love to do skiing 1 day tho

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I've done the major snow variations, board, ski and short ski/blade, snow boarding was the most fun!

12. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Climbing, not nearly enough though, really want to spend the year putting major effort in :D

13. br3n

br3n Senior Member

snowboarding in bulgaria jan 2010, cant wait!

14. getnoticed

getnoticed Junior Member

Growing up in NZ I was into Rock Climbing, Surfing, Lifeguard (rip swimmer and heli rescues), Inline Skating etc etc

Now not up to much at all apart from RC Heli flying. Different sport but it has the pucker factor...

15. What part of NZ did you grow up in getnoticed? I lived there for 5 years :)

16. RampantRascal

RampantRascal Junior Member

I used to do mountain biking, then I had an accident. Was 'cheeeeeeesing' down a hill in a country park through a narrow pathway, handle bar hit a tree and dont remember much else. My riding buddy said i slammed into a tree root growing through the mud. From that I dislocated my shoulder and lost 2 teeth. I've taken up running and 7 a-side football since. Taking part in Cardiff half marathon in October. Should be fun.

17. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i think the correct term would be, ow.

18. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Many a trip to A&E from my trials riding days, broke my nose kiteboarding last xmas and I dont think ive come home from a land session without cuts bruises and aches all over :d