Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About me

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by Baris, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Baris

Baris Junior Member

Hi, my name's Baris, a big hello to everyone at Design Forums.

It's been a while since I've subscribed to any forum or participated in any online discussion groups!

So why am I here? Design has been a hobby of mine for years but I had never considered myself as a designer. I was working as an Admin Assistant in a city based company when they needed someone to design a flyer urgently. I saw the brief, knew I could handle it, so took the responsibility. That was my first design 'job' and I eventually left my role as Admin Assistant for that company to become a self-employed freelancer, (with my old company as one of my main clients).

I've been developing my skill-set (and client base) gradually ever since - usually spending the initial part of most jobs learning how to do it!

I think the main reason I'm here is because I'm at a cross-roads. Being self-taught and independent has got me so far and I've been wondering what the best way is for me to progress. I have some ideas but nothing concrete - I'm hoping for some kind of guidance, direct or indirect.

Well, that's my story, that's my introduction. Whatever happens, I'm looking forward to future discussions with you all!
  2. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Good morning... welcome to the Forum Baris!
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Nice one, welcome.
  4. Becky

Becky Member

5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Welcome, good intro :D
  6. davewill

davewill Senior Member

welcome baris, great story you have there!
  7. berry

berry Active Member

welcome to DF
  8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to the forum :)
  9. HippySunshine

HippySunshine Senior Member

Gold star for the intro.
  10. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Welcome aboard Baris.