Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

£600,000 to rebrand London

Discussion in 'Logo Design & Brand Identity Forum:' started by Greg, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

The Mayor of London's office wants to rebrand London and is inviting agencies to tender to create the new image.

[​IMG]

Mayor Boris Johnson and his team have allocated a budget of £600,000 to create a new logo and identity for the city ahead of the 2012 Olympics, and want to have this in place by next spring.

The Mayor’s office is inviting agencies to tender for four contracts related to the new identity: designing the logo; brand activation, which could include advertising and experiential activity; tracking; and evaluation and events.

Read the full story over at Brand Republic:
    Mayor Boris Johnson hunts agencies to rebrand London - Design News - Brand Republic

2. that is absolutely awful Greg.. that is not worth £600,000 :eek:

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Um I don't think that image is the rebrand just an image to associate to the tender.

Anyone up for a designforum tender :)

4. for a share in £600,000 :) hells yeah :D

5. br3n

br3n Senior Member

No logo is worth £600,000 - Paying that just means your dealing with a pretend design agency who are more worried about paperwork than design work.

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

its not just a logo, its a complete marketting brief, you have to 'launch' the new brand too so things like adverts etc need doing too.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

...and a hell of a lot of market research I would think!

8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

DesignForums tender, we should do it :D

9. br3n

br3n Senior Member

All of it useless by judging from their efforts.

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

(That's not the logo in the opening post)

11. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

£600,000 seems cool for one re-branding project! I hope the final stuff looks good though.

12. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

something like this should do it..

[​IMG]

:D

13. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I doubt it Tom, you forgot to add in a sexual reference :p

14. It'll probably end up being based on the Eastenders logo :eek:

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Now that would be cool as! Spell London in a river vibe!

16. that will probably be the eventual result.. something to do with this sodding river :mad:

17. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

it would be kinda cool, a logo for a city based around the biggest threat to the cities destruction!!

18. The biggest threat to this cities destruction Peter Mandleson, shortly followed by E-coli.

19. Will

Will Member

Blimey, that's ridiculous money! A mahuusive job I bet

20. Harry

Harry Senior Member

This is what I think every time I hear 'London':

[​IMG]