A5 Business Flyer - Feedback Please

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Just finished this design for a client, please let me know what you all think and if there's anything I could do to improve it :) The copy is straight from the client, but I'll probably be changing a few bits a pieces, feel free to comment on that too.
Thanks guys.
2ODMl.png

not sure about the picture, it kind of looks to much like a school/lesson

Yeah I was thinking that too, client was happy with it but I might change it for a more appropriate one. Anything else you think could be improved?

None of the text really stands out, not sure if that matters or not. Are they going to handed out or left in a pile to be picked up?

The image doesn't seem quite right. It's a bit odd that the focal point is kind of blocked out by the text.

They're going to be left in stacks in a Job Centre Plus building. When you say doesn't stand out, do you mean from a distance?

Do you feel that the text now stands out enough?
2OIUV.png

Yeah, all the text is more or less the same size. There isn't really any hierarchy. Look at it and squint, nothing stands out as a heading. Make sure you do this alone.

Its also fairly close to an orange that is used a lot in the job centre on printed materials. Was this on purpose? Did you want to make it look like something produced by the DWP?

This might be helpful if you haven't already seen it.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/jpeg/COLOURPALETTE.pdf

Could you add another colour to contrast with orange? It is all very orange with quite a lot of white space.

The colour scheme is matched to the colours of their website and logo. The colours weren't chosen to make it look like DWP material. It doesn't have a link to their website, partly because the client didn't ask for it to be on there and the URL is in the email address anyway. But I see your point, I might add it in shortly.
Another colour Balders? I've used some lighter shades of orange around the design, do you still think it needs an entirely new colour adding to it?
2OJDZ.png

With another colour:
2OLTe.png

Alright, how about now :)
EDIT: Fixed the contact section too.
2PdfT.png

Glad you dropped the 'you' down to the next line.

What do you think of it?

The image is still bugging me.

What about the grey in there logo?

Yeah I'd missed the 'you' earlier.
I think it looks alright, print design isn't my strong suit to be honest but I'm happy with it.
The image is bugging me a little too, I understand that a better one could be used but unfortunately this is a bit of a rush job. The grey in their logo is horrible and clashes terribly, but unfortunately Mr. Client hasn't let me make them a new logo, yet.. You know, better to get all your stuff printed first and then get a new logo.... I'll never understand why clients think that branding should come after putting in all the hard work to set up your business.
Here is what they were originally going to use:
2PdiA.png

Hey Sean, its lookin pretty good. Things I'd pick out would be:
"Helping you path the way to your career" could maybe do with being larger. Maybe try it to the top edge of the page so it doesn't cover what they are looking at?
Should the text actually read "Helping you PAVE the way to your career"?
The line at the bottom is a touch too small and lost I'd say.
Looking a millions times better than what they were originally rolling with so good job.

Thanks Davo, It has been sent off for print now, so thanks to all that have helped. I changed the text to pave, made the bottom line a little more prominent and adjust the image so that the focal point wasn't covered up so much.
I tried it with the text at the top on the top edge of the photo but it didn't look quite right. Thanks again all :)

Back