• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A serious problem with the services required forum.

Someone has just put a request on the tenders section saying that have a limited budget, but also saying they don't know how much a logo is worth!

As I said in a previous post, people are saying they have a limited budget for the sake of saying it! If you just read between the lines it means I have money but don't want to spend it!

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
As I said in a previous post, people are saying they have a limited budget for the sake of saying it! If you just read between the lines it means I have money but don't want to spend it!
I don't think you can stop people putting that really, whatever we say or lay out for them. To be honest I do exactly the same, whether I get a discount or not, it just makes me feel better that the supplier knows that price is important to me.

I think this is o.k if the poster has an idea of what costs are involved in the first place, but if they think a logo costs £30 and they want discount then obviously this isn't acceptable.

In my experience forums are full of in-experienced start-ups and web savvy people who will shop around for the cheapest price...give me a high street store or blue chip anyday of the week.

Yeah I do see that but my way of dealing with that would be to get a quote and respond with 'Thank you for your time but that is a bit on the expensive side of my budget'. If the designer then wants to lower their quote, that is their call.

By kicking off with the usual 'I've got a limited budget' the poster is expecting a lower quote to start with which I think is cheeky.

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member