Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A serious problem with the services required forum.

Discussion in 'GDF Feedback & Help:' started by bigdave, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

Someone has just put a request on the tenders section saying that have a limited budget, but also saying they don't know how much a logo is worth!

As I said in a previous post, people are saying they have a limited budget for the sake of saying it! If you just read between the lines it means I have money but don't want to spend it!

2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I don't think you can stop people putting that really, whatever we say or lay out for them. To be honest I do exactly the same, whether I get a discount or not, it just makes me feel better that the supplier knows that price is important to me.

I think this is o.k if the poster has an idea of what costs are involved in the first place, but if they think a logo costs £30 and they want discount then obviously this isn't acceptable.

In my experience forums are full of in-experienced start-ups and web savvy people who will shop around for the cheapest price...give me a high street store or blue chip anyday of the week.

3. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

Yeah I do see that but my way of dealing with that would be to get a quote and respond with 'Thank you for your time but that is a bit on the expensive side of my budget'. If the designer then wants to lower their quote, that is their call.

By kicking off with the usual 'I've got a limited budget' the poster is expecting a lower quote to start with which I think is cheeky.

4. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Yeah agreed, but its "just business" at the end of the day, we all want quality for next to nothing...educating these posters is what is needed. Just added a few more points here http://www.graphicdesignforums.co.u...d-before-posting-requests-very-important.html

5. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

Thats great Boss. It's clear to see you're doing what you can and there are some excellent points there. I do agree with educating clients (although there are a few that know exactly what they are doing :icon_thumbdown:) but I'm a bit disappointed with the response to your efforts as this is something that is needed.

:icon_dunno: