A question about waste

82er

Hi,

A question for all printers out there.

I have a business idea which would be based around paper waste from printers. To evaluate the idea properly i need to get some information on how much paper is left over from day-to-day print jobs in the form of off-cuts after it has been guillotined. Also, how is it disposed of?

Any information would be of great help.

Thanks in advance,

Lee

Welcome to the forum Lee.

I don't work as a printer, but I was as a designer based at a local printer for a time. At this particular place, most cut-off waste was just disposed of in card/paper recycling bins. They had a weekly pickup for it. When I mean cut-off waste, I mean the bits and pieces that are too small to be re-used for smaller print jobs. From my experience, the big cut offs were generally saved to be run through smaller printers for various things - smaller scaled printing, ink testing, printer cleaning etc..

Whether that's the same for other printers, who knows.

:icon_thumbup::icon_thumbup:

We've always recycled our waste. However, we are currently in the process of evaluating our current recycling collection scheme. This is due to the fact that our local pick up will be charging us the same amount as general waste from next month onwards.

Back