A photography website

Hi, Welcome to the Design Forums!

I like the site itself, but I'm not sure about the 'Enter Page' splash screen bit at the start often finds it annoys people having to click enter when you want to actually go to that site if you get what I mean?

No - I agree.

This was something I talked to Angela about for some length, but she was totally stuck on having a splash page even after I told her of the negatives it brings.

Thanks for the feedback!

Hi Peter,

I like the site, simple and straight to the point - the photography, nice & focused on the work, also loads very quickly :) One minor thing I would add would be to add some form of tab colour on the menu to show the visitor which page they are currently on, as when you click enter from the landing page you're not sure if you're on the homepage, but you're actually on the first photo set for Haiti.

The other small thing I wanted to mention was there is no about page as such, I think it would be good to include some brief information on Angela and her experiences. I think you could actually solve this with a brief homepage within the site, so you have the splash page, this links you to a homepage which has some brief information about Angela and maybe pick out some photographs from each location as click through links on the homepage? or even just the latest set/travel destination? Other than those minor points, nice job :)

HTH
Greg

Yeah the landing page and an about us page were talked about, but again it came down to Angela just wanting the photos to speak about her.

So it really became a site full of pictures and not a site full of text.....if you understand what I mean!

Cheers,

Peter

Great site Peter. I like how the work is in focus. And overall it's nicely designed, functional and serves its purpose well.

I like the site, the content really helps tho!. The black is great and showcases the imagery. I would have liked something that displayed the final images larger though. Seems a shame to not see the full power of the imagery.

This is one of those sites where I could see it being a full screen site, or just have a lightbox load up full screen because the pictures are so powerful you need to see them big.

The site is great though, I think photography sites should be simple just like this so they put the focus on the work...real nice layout and I also like how you don't have any fancy effects on any of the images to slow down any loading...it just pops up.

Thanks for all the comments. I will hopefully in the near future be adding pictures from her trip to Iraq so I will keep you all posted!

I like the site, simple and straight to the point the only thing i will say its about the home page maybe you need a small intro there just to give a feel to the site

Back