Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A New Year. A new you?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by scotty, Jan 9, 2016.

1. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

It's 2016 and I'm not one for making drunken resolutions after the excess of the holidays that I can't stick to but it does make me think about the year to come and what I'd like to achieve before regressing into the default state of 'winging it'.

For me personally I'd like to carry on pushing myself to at least get to a working standard in motion design and animation which I feel is a bit of a natural progression, albeit a bit of a learning curve.

Also, I'd like to re-brand myself which is proving a little tricky.
    Still looking for that killer name/domain and as I work in lots of areas and styles it's a bit hard to market myself without hiding behind the facade of making myself look like an agency.
    All challenges that need to be overcome. ;)

What about you?
    What would you (ideally) like to achieve this year, be it work/design related, personal or whatever?

Would you like to get out of that shitty job, make the leap to freelance, learn some new skills, travel, get some tattoo's or learn to play the didgeridoo?

BTW. If you'd like to learn the didge or get bad tattoos then I may be able to help you out. ;)

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

ummmm I suppose my 'new years resolution' is to actually finish this new website.... it's only taken me a few years to get this far lol

I'll likely continue with my 'getting fit' lark as well, I want to get rid of this little podge round my stomach area.

scotty likes this.
  3. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Why does it take us S-O-O-O-O long to do our own stuff?
    Maybe we're too busy sorting other people's out and we're just too finicky?
    Look forward to seeing it Levi.

You aught to get on the "Stress & Poverty" diet like me.
    I'm so buff right now it's unbelievable. ;)

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

so am I lol

I've strangely been losing weight over Christmas period even with all the festive food.... I've lost like 5lbs without doing anything lol

5. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

I would also like to lose a bit around the stomach and get fit, unfortunately for me I am both fat and thin!!! Fat stomach from being sat on my arse all day (+ cake & alcohol) and again due to my inactivity thin everywhere else from muscle wastage lol!!! Bought my son's an Xbox 1 for Christmas which isn't going to help the situation either.

6. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

1. Finish website and switch to rebranded studio (been in the pipeline for 2 years now).

2. Do last year's dishes.

3. Buy PS4.

7. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Websites and rebrands seem to be up there.

I alo have developed an Xbox One habit and I've already got claw hand from playing Battlefield 4.
    I'm a total camper much to my sons discust.

8. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Pfft, the 12 year olds sprinting about with shotguns and melee attacks are no better. Camping is a valid tactic, I'd rather be killed by a camper than some tosser with a no-scope sniper shot. Grrrr!

I used to play Counter Strike competitively and in order to win you practically had to camp. Planted bomb? Entire team camps. Last guy alive? Better camp it out. A win's a win!

scotty likes this.
  9. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

I'm a happy camper. :D