a new website just launched, critique please

Minor thing, but I would change the index page title from...

Code:
<title>central London accommodation for students, student accommodation in central London</title>

to just...

Code:
<title>Student accommodation in Central London</title>

or something like that.

Looks ok, however I would loose the flash icons at the bottom of the page, just use normal images. Also the text on the other pages needs to be sorted, I would reduce the size and increase the line height.

Reduce your keywords you only need a few tbh, and the description should actually be a description of your website, incase a search engine can't find any relevant text, they'll use that instead.

Make sure your Meta 'NAME' is in lower case and 'CONTENT'.

You need to add alt attributes for accessibility on your images.

Watch your ampersands! should be &amp; not just &

On the whole, it looks ok..... just a few things, like chris said, lose the flash images.

Not sure if I'm too keen on the logo and header.

There is a broken effect in the stripes around the nav tabs (I'm viewing in chrome)

Minor thing, but I would change the index page title from...

Code:
<title>central London accommodation for students, student accommodation in central London</title>

to just...

Code:
<title>Student accommodation in Central London</title>

or something like that.

Thanks. But I won't follow up seo issues here. More graphic critiques, please.

Looks ok, however I would loose the flash icons at the bottom of the page, just use normal images. Also the text on the other pages needs to be sorted, I would reduce the size and increase the line height.

Reduce your keywords you only need a few tbh, and the description should actually be a description of your website, incase a search engine can't find any relevant text, they'll use that instead.

Make sure your Meta 'NAME' is in lower case and 'CONTENT'.

You need to add alt attributes for accessibility on your images.

Watch your ampersands! should be &amp; not just &

I was bit annoyed when client insisted to add the flash novelty but sometimes designer has to compromise. Other bits and pieces are absolutely right. I'll change them. Thanks

I was bit annoyed when client insisted to add the flash novelty but sometimes designer has to compromise. Other bits and pieces are absolutely right. I'll change them. Thanks

Ah right, although we may not like them, they did catch my attention and make me look at the contact info, so i suppose they worked :icon_smile:

Hi,
The site looks okay. If anything I'd increase the line height or reduce the size of the text slightly. At the moment the lines look a little too close and it makes it a little uncomfortable to read.
Other than that it is simple, clean and you can easily find the accomodation

Andy
Lighthouse DM

I think it does the job and I like your layout.. but your page is a bit too light on my screen. If i didnt have good eye site I prolly wouldnt be able to read it as well. students can be all ages! and maybe sharpen up your images I also think light gray with white it not very readable!! well on my screen anyways and you have to think about everyone when design a site! other than that I like it :icon_lol:

Back