A mum seeking time to design

Faiza Emad

Hi,
I am a mum of 8 month old daughter. I really miss my work. Is there any one out there who manages to do both? Plz do share your routine.

i do! when i went back to work after maternity and after a few months i got made redundant and i kind of fell into freelancing as there don't seem to be any jobs near me who offer 4 days, it was perfect as there was a bit of freedom you can decide if you want the job or not the only down side is i was doing invoicing at night and had to manage my money better but i got paid more than my old salary, it was also nice as i could work a few days and then have like a week off which helped with the tiredness and gave me time with my daughter she's now 3. but its the lack of routine which was a bit awkward with kids activities booking termly i just had to forfeit the days i was working on but luckily i have parents who help out with childcare and nursery. i have a job now 4 days a week but its not really the work i want to do, but it took me over a year to get so i should be grateful but i'm wondering if there are job shares anywhere for graphic design, i just feel like if you can't do the full week then theres no jobs for us mums!! unless anybody on here knows of any around Manchester? i definitely recommend freelancing though, it gets your name known and like me you could get a job out of it and also you can see what different companies are like, kind of like a trial without having to commit to signing contracts.

Back