A logo...

charles said:
The rules are there are no rules, if it looks good then use it, if not then don't.

Of course there are no "rules" but I offer my opinion on this subject and my opinion is that choosing a handwritten pre-made font in a logotype looks unprofessional.

Renniks said:
It's hardly an easy solution if done possible...

I'm not sure I get what you mean.
My opinion is that if you want something to look handwritten, why not write it with your own hands? It gives a much more personal, interesting and unique outcome.
There's a reason why really succesful graphic designers never use premade handwritten typefaces. Ask Stefan Sagmeister his opinion on the subject and I'm sure you would change your mind.

Kasper Pyndt said:
I'm not sure I get what you mean.
My opinion is that if you want something to look handwritten, why not write it with your own hands? It gives a much more personal, interesting and unique outcome.
There's a reason why really succesful graphic designers never use premade handwritten typefaces. Ask Stefan Sagmeister his opinion on the subject and I'm sure you would change your mind.

I'm quite positive I agree that really successful graphic designers should use their own handwritten typefaces.

But (I'm sure no offence will be taken) alex is not a really successful graphic designer. So this is a mute point.

Renniks said:
I'm quite positive I agree that really successful graphic designers should use their own handwritten typefaces.

But (I'm sure no offence will be taken) alex is not a really successful graphic designer. So this is a mute point.

I don't know what his degree of ambition is regarding his career and I can of course only speak for myself when I say I wouldn't use premade types. I think that if he practise a little bit, he could make a decent looking handwritten type and this would be so much more satisfying.

So I would suggest to the topic-maker:
Make some more handwritten types yourself and make sure to be very aware of the style you write it in.

Back