A little question about editable pdfs..

bamme

Hi people

Ive just been going thru things and found an editable pdf i made for a client ages ago. There were form fields she was able to fill in on an invoice slip.

I am not an expert at all when it comes to print i know nothing hah but have a bit of an eye sometimes for putting things together so it was sort of a one off to see how i got on, the rest of it came out great but i never saw the print result of her editable pdf..!

Ive had a look for tutorials but its a bit of a tricky thing to word into a searchable phrase heh, I'd like to ask if anyone knows whether filled-out editable pdfs print the same as standard non-editable ones - as an example of the kind of thing im wondering about - if a background image is behind these form fields, would the form fields be white over the background image?

I could easily print it out and check but.. i dont have a printer!

Have you tried using print to file? i would have thought that gives you same the result to check the background image etc...

Or send the PDF to someone with a printer to check for you :p

Thats a good idea :) I ran into trouble though when trying to put in a multiline field when creating a pdf form. i found only one resource with a lotta javascript going on in the tutorial but have no idea how to implement that into my pdf.. do any print gurus know - is it possible to have a mutliline input text box?

Back