A little feedback if poss: Physio Brand

DavoSmith

Just after a little feedback if poss on a new small branding project I currently have on for a new two man physio company call Physio Station.
This is the favoured logo element option with nothing else really working for me. It probably still has further development to make and we have only loosely looked at further elements of the brand, but just curious to hear anyones thoughts at this stage really, can be odd when you work alone full time. Any feedback appreciated.
http://s267.photobucket.com/user/TheMacMagician/media/PSt_Logo_Draft01-1.jpg.html]
PSt_Logo_Draft01-1.jpg
[/URL]

I think it's really good, I can't fault it to be honest. The only thing I'd like to see is perhaps having the bottom right element wrap around the end of the top left one a little more and perhaps a little bit closer together. Also that top left element is not quite symmetrical, was that intentional? I suppose it doesn't really need to be :)
Nice one :)

Sean Lee-Amies said:
I think it's really good, I can't fault it to be honest. The only thing I'd like to see is perhaps having the bottom right element wrap around the end of the top left one a little more and perhaps a little bit closer together. Also that top left element is not quite symmetrical, was that intentional? I suppose it doesn't really need to be :)
Nice one :)
Absolute swine. Great spot. Posted up the wrong one. I fixed that.

I see what you mean about the bottom element wrapping round more. I'll have a play with that. Cheers for the good feedback man, appreciated.

No problem, I look forward to seeing the new version :)

I'm not sure it says 'fitness' (which is what I associate image wise with physio) to me. I'm assuming the image you've used is supposed to be the joint between 2 bones but it looks like a car part, something like the piston or one of those flexible prop shafts (ie the ones that can go at an angle)

Levi said:
I'm not sure it says 'fitness' (which is what I associate image wise with physio) to me. I'm assuming the image you've used is supposed to be the joint between 2 bones but it looks like a car part, something like the piston or one of those flexible prop shafts (ie the ones that can go at an angle)
Yeah I can see where your coming from with the car part, I did think about that early but thought I was just being bothered about nothing. I'm trying to aim for something a little less traditional "fitness / physio". An almost fun name, combined with their love for the scientific elements of physio led me to this, a simplified joint your right, blended with an "uplifted" person silhouette if you like. I was hoping that it felt a little like a place that could "repair" or "revitalise" you.
I need to address that though, maybe the illustration could look a little more fluid and organic rather than the symmetrical symbol approach.

DavoSmith said:
I need to address that though, maybe the illustration could look a little more fluid and organic rather than the symmetrical symbol approach.
I think it's more down to the weight of the lines, it's pretty much all one thickness and a bone isn't really like that. Bones are usually more one sided as it's very rare we can bend them in both directions by the same amount, if you get what I mean.

Yeah I agree with what Levi's saying, perhaps symmetrical isn't the best way to go.

I think it's too wide in the centre, looks kind of odd and out of proportion a little now.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
I think it's too wide in the centre, looks kind of odd and out of proportion a little now.
I think the more organic it can gets the better it looks though. Yeah, a touch out of proportion. Not sure about it. Think I need to revise the original shapes.

I'd have gone smaller middle fatter ends myself... can't say the current direction is working

Levi said:
I'd have gone smaller middle fatter ends myself... can't say the current direction is working
Yeah I'm gonna have a rework of it I think. Speaking to the client on it tonight so I'll see what direction we go with his remaining budget....

Two more variations of the original here to add to the collection I issued to the client.
PSt_Logo_Draft01_v7.jpg

I'm really quite liking this latest option....... Simplified
PSt_Logo_Draft01_v8.jpg

(hiding in a corner waiting for Levy to come in)
Didn't get to speak to thet client last night so tonight it is....

who's Levy.... have we gained a new member :p...
It's still got the same issues as before really it's still too mechanical for me...

I think that without the second element it looses any reference to bones :(

Levi said:
who's Levy.... have we gained a new member :p...
It's still got the same issues as before really it's still too mechanical for me...
Sorry Levi. I actually dont mind the idea of it having a mechanical idea. Like a repair station. Maybe an icon for somewhere you make a stop at to be fixed up and given the freedom of movement.

Sean Lee-Amies said:
I think that without the second element it looses any reference to bones :(
Well, I thought that, but it still feels a little like a joint, and the more I look at it, the more I felt it looks strange with a line continuing from both sides. Maybe it helped lose some of the symmetry.

I'm now in a quandry as the client really likes the way its gone and doesn't really want me to spend too much more time on it before looking at further branding elements. Hmmmm. I'll be back

Well if the client likes it then you don't need to worry do you :)

Back