Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little bit stuck...

Discussion in 'Website Coding & Programming Forum:' started by bungle1977, Mar 17, 2013.

1. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

Hello

I'm in the middle of redoing my website but can't find a good image carousel that would work for mobiles/be responsive. Any pointers?
    Thank you :)

2. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

Try Code Canyon: Sliders | CodeCanyon few $$s but the scripts are robust and there are quite a few variations on responsive carousels/sliders there.

3. Edge

Edge Active Member

We used Flexslider on our site which is Drupal - there's a wordpress version too.

bungle1977 likes this.
  4. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

I found wowslider (which is free but has an annoying watermark in the corner)
    I've put it in but for some reason when view on a mobile it doesn't adapt to the screen size. If you look at it on a mobile or adjust window size you can see what happens.
    The navigation seems to fade in and out with the slideshow as well.
    My Site

Any ideas?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
  5. Corrosive

Wow Slider needs to be paid for to remove the watermark I think.

6. Edge

Edge Active Member

Yeah - use Flexslider, like I said already.

bungle1977 likes this.
  7. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

Thanks Edge. Sorry didn't see your post.

8. Edge

Edge Active Member

Hope it works for you - you can see it on home page of our site :icon_smile:

9. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

Thanks. Have added in the flexslider, only problem is I want to get rid of the "next" and "previous" links. I can't find a reference to it anywhere. Do you know where and what I should look for to delete it?
    Stephen Mortimer | Graphic Design | West Sussex

10. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

Still a bit stuck. The slideshow is working fine but for some reason a div isn't showing (it appears under the slideshow). I tried floating left, set margins to 0 but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Stephen Mortimer | Graphic Design | West Sussex

11. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I see a div below the slideshow that looks identical to the box above the slider. Is this what you're referring to?

12. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

Yep thats the one. I want to keep that one to put in logos.

13. Paul Murray

Add position:relative; to the box below the slides and it will pop to the front.

14. bungle1977

bungle1977 Member

Ha ah! Sort of worked but wanted to add it under the slideshow with a 5px margin at the top, similar to the box above the slideshow. I have been fiddling about with it but nothing seems to work.

15. Paul Murray

Try something like this. First give the div below the slideshow an id so we can refer to it directly and add this to the CSS.

float: left;
    clear: both;
    margin-top: 5px;

That should add it below the slideshow.

16. Corrosive

Why are you floating an item that fills all of the available space? You've not got anything that needs to display next to it so the float seems irrelevant.

17. Paul Murray

Force of habit and a slight lack of knowledge on my part :)