• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

A Doodle A Day

Lately i've been seeing a lot of great doodles, and after all doodles are as some may say our inner most creative thoughts coming to life. I've also seen a few illustrators doing a "doodle a day", so I thought we've got a good collection of illustrators here, why not give it a go on here. This is a project I've now set for myself so I will try my best to upload a doodle a day, so please feel free to contribute too!

So without further a do... here's one I doodled earlier, a sorta 70 something hippy (with small hands, yes I did realise that lol)

I had to go to my son's friends birthday party before Christmas. I usually carry my little sketch book.
I doodled this and banged a bit colour in later. Maybe I'll work up later. I like the cowardly Knight character.:)

Attachments

^^ Love that chicken spa one! :)

I started (with great intentions) a doodle a day project for Ambers (from here) website, didn't even manage to hit 200, fell so far behind on it :(

thanks, ye I have a feeling I might struggle to keep it going but it would be nice to have a few volumes but that would mean a couple of years! Well any way here two from yesterday and today

crikey its all starting to sound a bit northern here, caalm down caalm down

Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying this doodle a day thing, put your sketching to the test, rhino was the quickest at around 15 minutes, its great using a biro too because you have to get each mark right as you cant run it out

Wee Jimmy

Was sat in the pub earlier and for once I remembered to take my sketchbook out with me :p

It's my 2012 mission to spend more time sat in pubs and coffee shops (although primarly pubs...) just doodling people :D

good mission Jimmy, wish I could spend more time in pubs and coffee shops drawing people, but until that day arrives I shall have to do with doodling in the small amount of free time I have.

Wee Jimmy

BenJonesDesign said:
good mission Jimmy, wish I could spend more time in pubs and coffee shops drawing people, but until that day arrives I shall have to do with doodling in the small amount of free time I have.
I get very little time aswell, but I spend most of it sat in the house relaxing my aching muscles :p so now i'm going to actually draw people in the flesh rather than through references and imagination

Jimlad

My time in pubs is rarely (if ever) dedicated to doodling people... Though it's an interesting thought. I have doodled people in train stations, to much more potentially varied effect. Have you ever people-watched in a train station? You get all sorts.