Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A bit of New Blood here :)

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by DaisyGirlDesigns, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DaisyGirlDesigns

DaisyGirlDesigns Junior Member

Just doing as i am told!

Im Rach, but im hidden behind the name of Daisy, from Daisy Girl Designs.

Im a 3rd year Graphic Design Student from the University of Cumbria that is situated in the North of England in Cumbria.

I graduate in summer 2009 and i will be looking to hopefully take up a job as a graphic designer whilst still carrying out freelance art and design where possible.

i have a website: Untitled Document
    a Flickr account: Flickr: Rachel Simpson
    and i have just started a blog: Self-reflection and Inspiration

All these forms of self promotion were set up due to encouragement from our course tutors so any advice welcomed :) i am looking to make links and friendships to help me learn and become a better graphic designer (i am about to redesign my website as it is still the site i designed 2 years ago as a beginner!)

Anyway! Hello :up:

daisy
    xxx

2. berry

berry Active Member

Welcome daisy. Love new blood to feed on.
    Cumbria has a decent rep.

3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Welcome to DF. Rach.
    Yeah when you have redesigned your site pop a thread open in the critque forum, and I'm sure we will be able to give you some pointers.

Nice to have you on board.
    Jaz

4. DaisyGirlDesigns

DaisyGirlDesigns Junior Member

Yeah im currently working on the roughs for it, in between writing my dissertation!! Its hard settling on a finla tone for my site, and whether to fite on with dreamweaver or simply use a template... we will see! I'm in the final leg of my degree so really hoping to draw on all possible sources of help to help me along the way and this looks like the perfect place. just have to hope i don't let the cumbria rep down!

Rach

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Rach,

Welcome to Design Forums :)
    Sounds like you've got a lot of work on atm, hope it all goes well and DF proves to be useful for you. Look forward to hearing more from you and your alter ego Daisy Girl.

Thanks,
    Greg

6. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

haha. Rachael Simpson. Thats my sisters name.

Welcome to the forum.

7. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Welcome to the forum Rach,

I see you have a passion for horses :)

wonder if you could use a horse as a mobile advertising platform hrmmmmm... like a bill board on legs.

Regards

Geoff

8. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Welcome to the forums Rach. Good to have you on board.

9. Welcome to the forum Rach :)

10. blueocto

blueocto Senior Member

Welcome to the forum!