Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

99 Designs Contests, Thoughts??

Discussion in 'Graphic Design Forum:' started by fcgravy, Sep 5, 2011.

1. fcgravy

fcgravy New Member

Hi GD Forum peeps! :icon_smile:

I just joined and thought it would be a good place to exercise my creative muscle (as well as the obvious contests like threadless, etc.).

I've only recently heard about the site and I wondered if anybody around here has submitted anything to 99 designs or maybe even won? What do/did you think of it? thumbs up, thumbs down?

Well, there's my first thread (of many?) to GDF! :icon_cheers:
  2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Thumbs down. I could list the reasons why 99designs and other such sites are a cancer that needs to be cut from the design industry but I'd probably be wasting my time.

Just know that the general consensus throughout this forum and the industry as a whole is negative towards such sites. Outsiders call it snobbery, when in fact it's just pride.
  3. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

Oh dear. Everything Paul said and more. We could go on about it forever. Very, very bad....
  4. socreative

socreative Member

5. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member

All of the above; massively and shamelessly weighted in favour of the procurement side of things despite the fact that designers are basically their stock in trade.
  6. fcgravy

fcgravy New Member

Thanks for the reply guys! :)

Hmm, I kinda feel a bit naive now but I really should have realized seeing that it looks like it could also be open to plagiarism from ppl abusing creativity and all the cards benefit the site :icon_Wall:

Thanks muchly for the heads up, chaps! :icon_biggrin:
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  7. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

It's all learning. That's what we're all about here. :icon_smile:
  8. fcgravy

fcgravy New Member