Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8MEDIA Concept Feedback

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by RossAdams, May 27, 2009.

1. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

After some feedback if possible, i was given a concept (8MEDIA) by a potential client and have put together the following logo. Also included are crew clothing concepts, your thoughts, good or bad, would be appreciated.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. like the t-shirts... not a fan of the hoodies.. but then again I don't like hoodies at all...

3. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

nice and simple. It is pretty cool and i don't think you can do any better version but still try. The colour and font are cool.

4. ch3tzy

ch3tzy Senior Member

Cool, Like the logo think the hoodies are cool..

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I like the logo but I'm not sure it says 8 Media to me, I keep thinking the orange is meant to be a B for some reason (yes I know) or an E

6. berry

berry Active Member

I'd completely agree with that, reversed B to me.

If someone saw that on a product, what do you think they would call the company?

If there's any doubt about a brand actual name then the communication has failed.

Clarity of communication is vital, otherwise it's just an interesting design.

It's failed on it's first step. Basic Brand name communication, may as well be in Swahili or Klingon

Nice graphics but wrong message.

7. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

Thanks for the feedback guys, very helpful, with regard to the 8 (or reversed B) I'm of the opinion that it has to do with the flat vertical edge parallel to the 'MEDIA' text, if this was rounded like the other side this would eliminate the reversed B look....i hope

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Like the hoodie and the colours, but I will echo the reversed B thinking.

9. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

If you really want to keep a flat edge, you could move it across to shorten the overall graphic and make it look like "half an eight". But that probably still wouldn't be explicit communication. (WOW, what a waste of typing!)

Then again a complete "8" in that style would still be cool. I'd try laying the text over the complete figure eight to try and link the two elements, as you'd lose the flat edge for the text to work along.

10. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

A quick attempt at what i was rambling on about a few posts up

[​IMG]

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

definitely alot more "8"-y.