5G mobile data transmission breakthrough

Jesus. I can't even get 4G or fibre optic broadband where I live yet. It'll be up to 10G before I get 5G.

I can't even get a decent 3g signal where I live, seriously I'm in a mobile phone dead spot because I can go literally half a mile in any direction and get it lol
4g.... I can dream
5g.... never going to see it in my lifetime if I stay at the same address
fibre.... um I just got adsl 2+ and an llu (talk talk so never going to happen) so the odds of me getting fibre in the next decade is well lower than me winning the lottery which I don't play :)

I hate mobile internet... it never works and when it does it cuts off before I've finished loading what I need.

I've found a recent love for wifi hotspots. Been taking my iPad (sorry Levi) out with me to places and hijacking the hotspots. I like it.

Tony Hardy said:
I've found a recent love for wifi hotspots. Been taking my iPad (sorry Levi) out with me to places and hijacking the hotspots. I like it.
thats fine, I can use you to test my site on an iPad... I need at least one person on the darkside, they come in handy for testing stuff :p
Sean Lee-Amies said:
I hate mobile internet... it never works and when it does it cuts off before I've finished loading what I need.
Never had that issue and I've had mobile internet of some sort for over 10 years (had it back at uni on a sony ericsson p900 - slower than dial up but it worked :)), did you set the phone up right or are you like me in a dead spot where it can drop from 3g to 2/2.5g (basically phone calls only)

I don't know Levi. There isn't really anything to set up though so I'm not sure that there's much of a problem there. It usually just stays on 3G for me, which copes with emails well but not much else... The rest of the time it's flicking in between H and Edge!

sounds like you're in a dodgy location, although it probably wouldn't hurt to download your mobile providers settings

I read about this news a couple of months ago. Apparently, it will take about 4 years only to complete the project. Afterwards, Samsung will sell the technlogy to the various phone providers. The providers than will have to plan, build, and deploy their 5G network and only then we will be able to use it. I have the impression that we won't see 5G in working conditions until the end of the decade. So Tony, you should have the time to catch up with the 4G network!

Back