• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

500 Business Cards for £19

T

Tony Hardy

It would be great if we could encourage suppliers to give our users a heavy discount.

Levi

Staff member
Maybe we can offer up discounts to regular posters if someone needs our services.... not one post wonders, they have to be active :)
I'd be willing to offer a discount to people who are on the forum regularly enough.

T

Tony Hardy

Levi said:
I'd be willing to offer a discount to people who are on the forum regularly enough.
Me too. Anyone that came to me as a forum regular, I'd make sure they got my best price (not that I don't anyway) but I'm sure I could work something for forum regulars.

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Ooh, offering a discount for design services on a forum full of designers :D Niiiice!
Joking aside, it's a decent idea but kinda pointless without the right services to offer a discount on.

Levi

Staff member
We don't all do every type of design and sometimes you do need other services to complete a project, not to mention the times when you have more work on and need an extra pair of hands.

S

Sean Lee-Amies

Yes you're right! However, I'm not sure that offering a discount is going to result in additional activity between members as I reckon most people already have people they rely on for those sort of things. I thought it was kind of a given, regarding reduced rates anyway!
I don't know about others, but the pricing can be a little erratic when it comes to this type of work and it'd be very easy, for example, to just offer a blanket "20% discount" but not really affect prices. I think it'd have to be done in a specific "I'm offering this for £x" if it were to go ahead! I wonder then what happens when everyone puts up their offers, if people start changing the offers to compete with others :p

Levi

Staff member
if someone said they were offering something for £x and it was stupidly low I'd laugh and say something like, enjoy your light reading (evil smirk) tonight as that's never going to happen at that price lol

S

Sean Lee-Amies

We would also need to agree on a minimum post count/rank in which these offers are available to