40 Logo's using Helvetica for you Helvetica Lovers!

I really suck at typography recognition, I had no idea that those were in fact all Helvetica :)

A few aren't Helvetica. Poorly researched IMO. I'm no typographer and I can spot the wrong ones instantly. The worst two are Evian and Skype, nothing like it!

According to this (look under "The softies") the Skype logo is Helvetica Rounded Bold

Helvetica wins again (cos its such an enormous family!)

He discovered that Helvetica was used as the corporate font of Lufthansa, Toyota, Evian, the New York Subway, the Commonwealth Bank, the US Tax Office, and even the Italian Communist Party.

Evian's logo is actually Helvetica. Source

pwned.

I was going to say, he probably has had to research them because there's some proper typography lovers out there that would of pointed out his errors, he had some others in there originally but had to remvoe as they found out it wasn't Helvetica.

Evian can't be Helvetica. Helvetica has horizontal/vertical terminals whereas the Evian font has vertical where Helvetica has horizontal.

Harry said:
Evian can't be Helvetica. Helvetica has horizontal/vertical terminals whereas the Evian font has vertical where Helvetica has horizontal.

Some of the larger companies have their own font made for them, Natwest and B&Q have their own special fonts, so it is conceivable that companies like Evian, Microsoft and some of the others larger corporates have a font designed for them which has its origins in helvetica. You could say that the "a"s in the national logo aren't true helvetica either, but the fonts will be tweaked a bit for the corporate id. Some of the fonts may be closer to Arial, Berthold or Akzidenz Grotesk (been around a lot longer then helvetica) in some cases.

I think that the kerning on the Mattel logo is terrible, wouldn't have signed that one off myself!!

Yeah but the evian logo's e and a don't look modified at all! Compare the terminals to actual Helvetica.

Really?! The v, i and n may be similar, and the foot of the a does have a Helvetica bold look about it, but the terminals of the e and a are so vastly different that I'm not convinced. One of Helvatica's biggest traits is its terminals.

Strictly speaking its isn't Helvetica in its completely original form- ie: I am sure the designer didn't just scroll through to Helvetica and et voilà the logo was done, the typeface has been adjusted as far as I can see.

Wonder if there's a Comic Sans logo gallery :p It's bound to have been used for logo's!

Back