Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Page Youth Charity Booklet - Feedback

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Chris Baker, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Chris Baker

Chris Baker New Member

Hi Graphic Design Forum users,

This is my first post here, so hello!

I'm after some constructive criticism on the first draft for a clients 4 page booklet.

The brief for the project is to create an information booklet for a programme run by a National Youth Charity.

The design needs to be eye-catching for a youth audience but also professional in its delivery of the information.

I've uploaded 2 jpgs showing the front and back and the inside pages.

The magenta line down the middle represents the fold.

I'd really appreciate the feedback of my peers on this :)

Attached Files:

2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Honestly I don't know what to say really.... the first thought when I saw it was literally meh.

It doesn't really say youthful to me, it's not vibrant/punchy enough for that while at the same time it doesn't seem professional enough due to same use of colours over everything.

Like I say it's a hard one to comment on really.
  3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

I actually like the design quite a bit, though I feel the purple is over-saturating the design a little and making it feel very dark (especially true of the images). I'd add in some white space and return the imagers to full-colour to lift the design a little.
  4. bonsdes

bonsdes Member

Perhaps look at some use of the pattern on the inside (and maybe a bit less of it on the outside?!) as the inside spread doesn't
    tie in (apart from colour-wise) with the outside