3D Typography Inspiration

Love it, i've been learning C4D (Cinema 4D) to make my logotype 3D, got it all sorted.... well i did have before i lost the file when my mac died.
Just need to learn how to do lighting a bit better, then i'm set!

cheers dude, I haven't used it as of yet just trying to get hold of the software then I will start messing with it :D

If your like me and not really done 3D work before then it takes a bit of brain racking to get used to! But once you done a few tutorials its amazing!

videocopilot.net has a few good tuts on it, worth a look when you get the software!

Very cool!

If you like this type of stuff you should check out the work of Nik Ainley.

Shinybinary - Art and designs of Nik Ainley

And if Cinema 4D is a bit outside your budget range there's a really great little program called Xara 3D that allows you to do 3D letters and then import them as PNG's into Photoshop if you want to add texture etc.

Create 3D web graphics with Xara3D

There's a nice little tutorial on how to use it for 3D Typography here:

Digital Arts - Features - 3D typographic effects in Photoshop

Adam if you were using 3dsm i'd tell you to use global illumination and then just light tracer for the render, its what I use for all my renders and you dont need to worry about lighting so much, not really sure on c4d though so cant help :D

C4D has GI on it, it's what I used on my design before, but there's another option (which i can't remember the name) which gave it another look to it, i'll have to reinstall and re-design it once i get my macbook back!

Back