Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3d tv

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, May 1, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

Has anyone seen a football match on 3d yet? There is a few of us going to watch it tomorrow @ a place in Middlesbrough. Liverpool vs Chelsea. Should I be expecting something special?

I know the match in going to be displayed on a 3D HD Projector should be neat.
  2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Yeah the ball will come out and hit you in the face.
    Come on man, it'll be no better than if you just went to the match - at BEST.
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I am not really behind the 3D thing, I like the idea but there have been some really poor examples of it.

Ok case and point. Beowulf, was a disaster of a film, but they tried soooo hard to make it a very "3D" experience, and it almost made the film pointless as it degenerated into a look what 3D can do. Final Destination 3D was much the same

Up, was just a film that they did a 3D version of, which was great.

I guess I am just concerned that as the tech becomes more available to shoot in 3D, we will end up with a change in shooting dynamics because they want it to be more "3D"!
  4. Mikey

Mikey Member

So how was it? The match wasn't great but did it being in 3D make it look any better?
  5. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

My fiancee works in an electronics store and she's just had a load of training on the new range of 3D TV's coming out.

I don't agree with the whole 3D thing. It's just a gimmick and I hope it will pass quickly and be forgoten and filed under the same banner as HD-DVD and Betamax.
  6. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Betamax was awesome!
  7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

3d tv's etc, complete waste of time for movies/tv etc. Cost is prohibitively expensive too (even the cheapest is about 2 grand)

I can see it's uses in specific fields such as medicine and cad presentations to add that sense of depth but for movies, just continue to use focus and apertures :)
  8. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

That's a t-shirt design waiting to happen. Up for a colaboration Mike? :D
  9. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I'm afraid that the big-shot movie producers will neglect the story-telling aspect just because it's 3D.
    And I don't really need 3D, the glasses are annoying and the few 3D movies I've seen haven't really impressed me that much :(
  10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I think industry workers for 10 years about would buy it!

But yeah, lets do it!
  11. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

You know, when you really think about it, most people don't even understand what HD is yet.
    (doesn't stop them from buying 50" HD screens tho, when all they'll be using it for is a sky box from 2002)
    So if 3D TV ever even made it to the market, it would be under-supported and under-utilised for years (as well as being over-priced) and it would probably take the 1st party giants of the videogames industry to drag it into the mainstream.