3D mouse

Will you purchase 3D mouse by 120$

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Arpine

Hi. I would like to know your pofessional opinion about 3D mouse. Is it a usefull tool for designers. And if so, how much will you pay to have one?

Attachments

• b07a61d1db468a757c8ad505687c8840.jpg
    b07a61d1db468a757c8ad505687c8840.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 9
re-opened this one Hank, kind of deleted another one because I missed the 'closed' tag up top on this one.

To the OP, this reads more as a survey than a question so what is the reason for the topic?
Also the device shown in your picture is not available for $120.

What the hell is a 3D mouse? This thing looks like it came out of the dashboard of a BMW.
Basically that 'puck' on the top allows for '6 degrees of freedom' motion. It can pretty much move in every axis you would want to move an item in a virtual 3D environment, so you have your normal forward/back, left/right movements but it can also do up/down, twist/rotate and tilt left/right/forward/back and all the bits inbetween because it's completely fluid.

It's usually worked with your left hand to move around the CAD model while your right hand works the normal mouse doing your modelling etc. There are also 'plugins' for photoshop so you can do things like change line weight, zoom in/out, move the 'sheet' around etc.

Once you get used to it's actually pretty useful although more so for someone like me who works in 3D.

Back