3D Aircraft Model Design Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to model the design, you can download it from the site you just linked from....

Oh and you won't get many if any offering to do it for free, and I wouldn't advise people to anyway, as it's not a quick job.

I need to build it sir from scratch. It needs to be rescaled, redimensioned, split etc. to a size of 12 meters long. Thank you. I cannot build it based upon the concept from the site.

Then, as Levi say, you are going to have to pay someone, who has the skills, to do it.

Dear mr classic car dealer, I’d really like a Ferrari 250 GTO. Could I have one for free please. I am sure you can guess what the response would be. Why would this situation be any different?

My friends, if you think like that you're sick. And the world is a sick place because of people like you. If you have the possibility to help, help without asking anything in return. When GOD created man HE offered all the things that surrounded man absolutely free, without asking him credit cards, money or loans. We people, are broke.

We people, are broke.
So am I if I do work for free.... :rolleyes:

I don't know about others who do design for a living but I have bills to pay including the cost of said software to design the cad files you want for free so it wouldn't be doing it for free I'd be losing money doing your work for free.

Just to give you a ball park of how long it would take to do what you're after and to make it structurally sound (I'm guessing it's for a radio controlled plane)..... you'd be looking at at least 2 weeks work imo, average hourly rate for CAD designers in the UK is £50+ an hour so lets see £4000+ with around £250 of that going straight towards the cost of using the software....

PS.. it's all very well mentioning trying to use god in your argument but the bible includes many parts referencing payment for services rendered :whistle:

Note: these are not necessarily what I'd be charging, they're numbers based on average wages etc.

In addition to what Levi and Scotty (I nearly spat my tea out!) have said:

Firstly; you have no idea what anyone else does, or doesn’t do for free, so please don’t make assumptions.

Secondly; if I were to spend such an amount – in fact, any amount – of time on a pro bono project, it would most certainly be spent on something that adds more value to the world than an almost three-quarter sized (!!) model of a military aircraft.

Thirdly and finally; the irony of you attempting to emotionally blackmail and guilt others, in the name of your own particular version of a sky fairy, into building you a model of a piece of destructive hardware, is not lost. I am sure any deity would be proud.

If you had a genuine, human need, combined with a genuine a lack of resources to achieve it, I think you’d likely find a number of people here who would jump to help. Somehow the implication of poverty doesn’t ring all that true when you are posting on a forum, hoping to achieve what is evidently not a matter of need.

As you can see, I don’t take all that kindly to emotional blackmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back